Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome to the group! Please feel free to introduce yourself!

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2008 at 6:12 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 596 Total Views
Hi! 
My name is Julie and I'm a stay at mom to two great kids.  I created this group to get to know more Hmong mommies, make friends, and to have fun conversations.  I'm really excited and look forward to meet everyone!
by on Mar. 8, 2008 at 6:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kara2jz
by New Member on Mar. 9, 2008 at 2:44 PM
Hey nice to meet you julie...i'm katie and i'm a stay at home hmong mom of 2 girls and 1 boy...i hope to meet more hmong mommies too...so hope to meet more peoples and do come add me as a friend any one i'm still pretty new at this site.
genayang
by Member on Mar. 17, 2008 at 12:40 PM
Hey Julie and Katie.  My name is Gena Yang and a mother of one.  I'm a new mommy still trying to understand my son.  He will be 8 months on 3/29.  I work full time and when I have time help at my parents resturant.  I'm from Tulsa, OK and lived here for about 23 years now. 
shekatie
by New Member on Mar. 27, 2008 at 6:20 PM
Hi Everyone...

I'm Kia... From California... pregnant with my 2nd child. I'm also a stay at home mom. Artistic, creative and love to meet new exciting people. I'm a self motivator... I'm planning to further my education... I'm here to network and shrare my thoughts and ideals...
s_myl_e
by Member on Apr. 3, 2008 at 11:22 AM
Hi, everyone! My name is Marla and I am also a stay at home mom to two wonderful girls. I could be going back to work later this year though. Not too excited about it. I enjoy reading a good book every now and then. I love to spend time with my little family. I also come from a church going family and married to a traditional Hmong family. What a change.
slnkl
by New Member on Apr. 16, 2008 at 2:38 PM
Hello beautiful mamas! I'm keo from michigan with my first child! she's truly a handful! i grew up baby sitting and never thought it was this tough. lol maybe its b/c i didn't end up waking up every 2 hrs.. in the middle of the night! well as of right now, i'm a stay at home mom! i don't trust anyone watching my baby except my mom, me, and possibly my hubby!

hope to meet more hmong mommies! have a good one!
Ymanna7
by New Member on Jun. 24, 2008 at 12:11 PM
Hello all you wonderful Hmong mommies!  I joined way back when and didn't meet any Hmongs online so I quit. Today, I thought I would come back and vent and I see in my inbox a message from PassionM to join Hmong mommies group and so here I am! How exciting to meet you all!  My name is Anna Yang  and I'm in SoCal. I'm a mother of 7, 2 of my own from previous marriage and 5 from this recent marriage. I work full-time, and a student part-time. In fact, I'm taking an algebra course this summer at the local community college.  I'm really excited to get to know you all!
leem02
by on Jul. 23, 2008 at 6:55 PM

Hello Hmong Moms.  Today i just decided to search for the word hmong and found that we have a goup of hmong mommies on here.  I'm super excited.  I 23 years old and currently 24 weeks with my little one in my belly.  Its soo amazing, it's like feeling life in the making.  My husband wanted to have a rat baby (the chinese zodiac sign) becasue he's a rat and so am I, so here we're waiting patiently for our rat baby, due Nov. 1st.  I'm currently working full time in the summer and full time student majoring in Education.  But school doesnt start till Sept. Decided to take the summer off.  I'm super excited, so stop by and share me your experiences as moms, I could use it and love to hear it. 

gaoyang
by New Member on Aug. 18, 2008 at 11:06 PM

Hello Hmong Mommies, my name is Gao Yang and I live in St. Paul, MN. I have 2 boys and just had my 3rd, a little girl 2 months ago. Like one of the Hmong Mommies on here, I also thought I would put in the word Hmong just to see what would happen, and Wow, here I find you guys. I would love to add each of you guys as my friend...:)

kingkongsmom
by Member on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:45 PM

hi hmong mommas',

I am an older mom of a hmong child gifted to me, he is a brilliant and wonderful child of many talents and surprises, he is green hmong and I am always seeking mor einfo on hmongs and green hmong traditions so he may know all he can o fhis bio. dad's culture.

i have my own ways as Indian mix and only seek for him to know more fo his. He is 3 yrs with I.Q. of a 4 1/2 to 5 yr old and he is very proud of what he does know hmong. I am here to see if I can learn more for his sake so if anyone would like to help with that, it'd be great if not then fine just dont insult, ...... I simply love everything about my lil one, whatever he loves I love, interested in, I am also, ....... He is not of my gene. pool and he is not adopted however, he is my very own very precious blessing straight from GOD and I will do whatever it takes to ensure he is loved, respected,....... well educated on all things and well rounded as a whole person, he is as the expression goes ' the very breath I breathe!"

He has a couple traditional 'play' type outfitts and a 20 dollar belt tha tI havent a clue wher to get money for  ( except to wait untill festival in summer up in Mn. again) or hwo to sew on money, tie belt,.... and what other traditional things that go with for a fancy traditional outfitt, Ive seen pics of such things however, apparently didnt know how to ask fo ritems th eright way, especially when its at a plce where all things of all hmong culture/groups are. apparently one must know exactly what to ask for or else walk around in a huge area seeking each item from thousands of differant things while knowing exactly what each thing looks like or is called,.. the heat got to me before i could pull off determined search.

Anyone with patience and willingness to help can feel free to pm me or place here, thanks.

carrievang3987
by New Member on Jan. 14, 2009 at 6:31 PM

Hey! I'm Carrie Vang and I have 2 wonderful baby boys. I am a stay at home mom and live in California. I am glad I found this group! I hope to get to know you all better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)