Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CCCWC#20

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2009 at 10:24 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 411 Total Views

For this challenge  we will be trying a technique. :o) Make your own background paper. That means: stamp, print, draw, paint, heat emboss (but no cuttlebug paper .. something handmade) AND add stitching somewhere on your card. This includes: hand stitching, machine stitching, rub on stitching, or drawn stitching. Here is a blog link to a beautiful card that covers both. You can even use her paper link if you wish... I know I am thinking about it myself :) Have fun! this challenge will run 2 weeks.

by on Jun. 14, 2009 at 10:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaCass07
by Group Admin on Jun. 15, 2009 at 9:33 AM

Good, gracious me! This is an AMAZING blog! WOW....this lady has more talent in her pinky than most of us have in our brain! WOW!

JalexsJamma
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 12:59 PM

I just did this on some bookmarkers, but I didn't take any pictures before I gave them away. I guess I need to get busy.

toothy
by Group Admin on Jun. 21, 2009 at 2:32 PM

OK, I made the background paper using my butterfly and flower stamps with 2 different shades of pink ink, and I used faux stitching around the sentiment.

redsmomma
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 9:18 PM

The blue paper is handmade by me! :)

HeatherMom8
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 9:56 AM

Oh How Sweet this is Heather!!! I love your BG paper and the stitching  looks real!

Quoting toothy:

OK, I made the background paper using my butterfly and flower stamps with 2 different shades of pink ink, and I used faux stitching around the sentiment.

HeatherMom8
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 9:57 AM

your handmade paper is GORGEOUS!!!

Quoting redsmomma:

The blue paper is handmade by me! :)

momof3angels610
by Group Admin on Jun. 23, 2009 at 1:21 AM

I stamped my background paper and drew on the stitching.  (one day I will take the time to hand stitch!!)  This card is also for the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge on Blogger :)!!

HeatherMom8
by on Jun. 23, 2009 at 8:00 AM

how Cuuuteee! Ilove the riley and the bg paper. Great idea!

Quoting momof3angels610:

JalexsJamma
by on Jun. 24, 2009 at 11:36 AM

Here you go, I made the background paper by spraying blue and purple inks on white paper.

redsmomma
by on Jun. 24, 2009 at 11:59 AM

good job! Hey could you pm me your addy??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)