Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i need advice from moms...iam not a mom just a daughter...

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2009 at 4:25 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 185 Total Views

hi moms,

i am in desprate need of advice and words.....

situation:

iam only 19 and i live in san francisco and my mom and dad and younger sister moved to modesto and i have no where to leave in a couple more days...i didnt know this was happening...i took a break from high school and i was never really intersted or did well in school...so i just didnt go to college right away... i was working part time at a local retail shop for a year and i told my mom i wanted to quit work and go to school full time. she said ok and i ask her if she can help with school expenses and etc and shes said thats fine... its not like i was jumping into a UC or anything i was going to community college...but that was in january now its summer an i am attending summer schoo. but its so stressfull with the situation that they are moving and i have no where to live... and no money because i have no job... and no car.... a couple of weeks ago i didnt go to school on a friday because i didnt have bus fair! i was so upset and so stressed and cried and cried and cried...and i was so embarassed i couldnt go to to school because i didnt have bus fair.... and my mom wasnt here she was in modesto at her new place...my mom no longer can afford to pay for Public housing so she moved to modesto where its cheaper...but i cant move to modesto because...i cant get around without a car and you cant necessairly walk or catch a bus out there...so i am afraid... this is our last month living here in san francisco... and my parents come once or twice a week and there always having negative energy...its always bad tension and yelling and screaming and my mom banging pots and pans when shes not in a good mood. when i ask her for bus fair shes lectures me like no tomorrow.... what do i do.. i cant afford to go to school literally i cant even afford to catch the bus... and i cant get a job because i have no cell phone and my mom cut off the house phone and i have no internet access because my mom took it with her to modesto.... i feel so depressed and stuck and i feel like i just wanna roll under a pile of pillows and cry...its so pathetic i cant afford to pay for bus fair...please help me with advice... and i didnt qualify for financial aid! i cant believe it....my parents dont make much they make less then 2000 a month and my younger sister is handicap so it its a increasing drain on everybody....

by on Jul. 9, 2009 at 4:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
unknownjourney
by Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:38 AM

Hi Thaleda,

I can tell you are to a point that you want to tear out your hair.  Relax...  It is so hard right now for everyone the way the economy is.  My daughter and son both looked at going to college.  My daughter ended up going for a short term and realized that financially she could not do it at this point and time.  We could not help her even though we really would like to.  So she ended up quiting around christmas and moving back home.  My son seeing his sister go through this felt he was not ready to deal with that kind of pressure either.  They opted to enter the millitary.  SO at this point and time they are both in the army.  They found that they could get their education paid for and have food, clothing, a roof over their heads, and medical insurance, a job, pay check...everything they need.  Now I don't know if you have looked into this option or not but it may be something that would be good for you.  Just an idea for you.  Check into all the services and then make a choice.  My daughter got a  $40,000 bonus for signing up. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)