Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your Garden Plans.............

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:46 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 214 Total Views

I know it's still early, but what veggies do you plan to plant this year?

Will you do things differently from last year?

Have you planned your garden at all?

Dh and I decided to plant lots of okra this year. We still have a lot of Silver Queen seed left over, so we'll plant that too.

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
RedneckGranny
by on Jan. 21, 2010 at 6:30 AM

I want to plant Squash,Tomatoes an eggplant,I have only planted yellow squash,I think I will plant Zuchinni squash also,I haven't planted Okra,So might try it also,I have only had a small garden in the past.I dont can, but want to grow vegatables I can Freeze. 

amy_two
by on Jan. 21, 2010 at 6:34 AM

I been thinking about growing my own for years. Every new year i say i'm going to do a big veggie patch but i never do. But this year i'm gonna finally do it.

MrsSharp
by on Feb. 22, 2010 at 9:39 PM

I am growing all herbs. I made a list today:

cilantro

rosemary

basil

garlic

mint

chamomile

thyme

oregano

Maybe one or two others. Not sure yet. But definitely all herbs. Low maintenance! :)

eema.gray
by on Feb. 22, 2010 at 9:42 PM

bump for later

eema.gray
by on Feb. 22, 2010 at 10:10 PM

I've got roughly 14 square feet on my balcony, including vertical as well as horizontal  space.  In that amount of space, I am planning to gow 3 varieties of tomatoes, two varieties of peas, three types of beans, two types of peppers,a cucumber, summer squash, two melons, okra, eggplant, cilantro, oregano, thyme, and fenugreek.  I've got the eggplants started already (packet says they need a 10 to 12 week headstart), along with a couple trays of salad greens.  I'm going to start some herbs this weekend as well.

ETA A lot of stuff is being hung off the lintel above the balcony, the beans, peas, and cucumbers (a gherkin type that should go with hanging nicely) and the herbs are going to go off the side.

breezy2005
by Group Owner on Feb. 28, 2010 at 7:53 AM

Right now the only thing I know for sure I will plant is Okra and tomatoes. Maybe some sliver queen corn but not sure.

Angie 

nrthcntrykate
by New Member on Mar. 1, 2010 at 3:51 PM

I think I'll stick with Tom's, Cucks, Romaine Lettuce, Swiss Chard, Squash, Pole Beans, and maybe a Watermelon or two. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)