Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's cold......

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:59 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 234 Total Views

Well it's cold here this morning and we have frost all over the place. Sure hope this will be the end of cold days now.

I really need to get started on my garden again.

How is everyone doing today?

Angie

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
marlarrie
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:31 AM

It barely made it to 50 degrees yesterday....and it was crazy windy! We had no frost last night because of the wind, but it was still nippy this morning. I hope the cold is gone too. Dh and I start planting Friday....a very busy morning.

breezy2005
by Group Owner on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:38 PM

I just got out there in the garden and I do not know if they will make it or not but I am trying so hard not to loss my potatoes. After the 2 floods we had they looked really bad. So Monday morning I cut some of the bad leaves off of them and checked on them today and they have new growth coming out on them.

Honey Man thinks I have lost my mind because I got out there with a pair of sessior and cut them all back. Where's there's a will there's a way is the way I look at thing's. So wish me lots of luck to prove Honey Man wrong.lol

And I spotted some corn trying to come on up too....

rachel666
by New Member on Apr. 9, 2009 at 8:28 AM

Well it was in the 50's yesterday and the day before, I got this avocado tree last week and I've been waiting so long for a warm day to plant it.  I decided to plant it yesterday with the kids because it has been soooo windy lately and the avocado tree kept falling over, so I didn't want it to  get damaged so I planted it and gave it alot of organic compost and garden soil and warm water.  Keeping my eye on it, hopefully it will be alright.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)