Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What Meds are you on?

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2008 at 12:50 PM
  • 14 Replies
  • 441 Total Views
Hi moms!
Hope everyone is feeling well.
I just thought maybe we should discuss the medications we're currently taking and meds we have taken in the past. Also how well the meds worked for you just to let other Moms in the group know just how many RA meds are out there so we don't get too discouraged if we still haven't found a drug that helps with the pain and stiffness. Also please state if the med is injected by yourself or by your nurse. If you want to mention dosages that would be fine too. PLEASE DO NOT TAKE IT UPON YOURSELVES TO CHANGE YOUR OWN MEDICATIONS WITHOUT FIRST DISCUSSING IT WITH YOUR DOCTORS.
by on Jul. 15, 2008 at 12:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
annabelles
by Group Owner on Jul. 15, 2008 at 1:01 PM
Currently taking:
Methotrexate 2.5 mg tabs 4-(10mg)every Monday
Enbrel 50mg injected by myself every Thursday
Folic Acid 3 mg Daily (not treatment for RA but for the loss of Folic Acid from Methotrexate)

In the Past have taken:
Prednisone
Humira
Gold Salts injections
Celebrex
Remicade infusions
Vioxx
Bextra
Plaquenil
bafwabalinga
by Member on Jul. 15, 2008 at 1:51 PM
Enbrel 50mg weekly injected by my mom, I'm to afraid of needles lol.
Methotrexate 5mg weekly
Arava 20mg daily
Lyrica 75mg twice daily
oh and Folic Acid 5mg daily for all the stomach problems methotrexate keeps causing me.  
nena777
by New Member on Jul. 16, 2008 at 9:31 AM
Hi there..

I currently am on

5mg of prednisone
500mg x 2 of naproxen
200mg x 2 of plaquenil

Since hubby and I are TTC baby#1, this has been cleared as safe from all 3 of my drs. The exception is the naproxen, she wants me to get off of it as soon as I am pregnant.

But honestly, I dont think this concotion is working for me anymore,.. the stiffness and pain are coming justas bad and wondering and looking around, doing research as to what else I can take since we are TTC

Thanks for letting me share
Irene
JANSTEE
by New Member on Jul. 18, 2008 at 8:27 PM
I AM ON:

METHOTREXATE 2.5  (7 TABS ONCE A WEEK)
JUST STARTED HUMIRA
FOLIC ACID EVERY DAY

USED BEFORE:

PLAQUENIL
PREDNISONE
jeninjuice
by on Aug. 25, 2008 at 12:56 PM

I take

Methotrexate 17.5 mg once a week

Prednisone 5 mg every day

as needed

800 mg ibuprofen

flexiril (I hardly ever take this muscle relaxer, so I don't know what the dosage is)

650 mg darvocet

vitamins

800 mg folic acid twice a day

500 mg calcium twice a day

vitamin B complex every day

beaniesmommy04
by New Member on Aug. 25, 2008 at 5:33 PM

I am on

Methotraxate 1Ml every week. I give myself the shot. The pill version did'nt work for me.

Plaquenil 200mg x1

Tylenol w/codeine as needed for pain

folic acid 1mg x1

I also take Inderal 80mg x2 and Lyrica 75mg x2. I also have fibromyalgia.

Thank god for cortisone shots! I get them in my knees. I love them!

iamnowhere
by on Aug. 28, 2008 at 12:34 PM

Before I was under the care of my rhuematologist I was taking...

Celebrex - which did absolutely nothing for me

Ibuprofen - app. 2400 mg per day

Darvocet - once or twice per week

Flexaril - daily @ bedtime

Prednisone - daily 10 mg.

Some type of an antidepressant ( forget which one)

Since under the care of my Rhuematologist I now take.....

Methotrexate 20 mg 1x per week  (8 - 2.5mg pills)

Folic Acid 1 mg daily

Since I started taking methotrexate in Jan. 2008, I kept a daily journal (on a calender) of how I felt that day, the weather, where the stiffness was, what hurt, my routine or activity for the day was etc. Now when I look back at my journal, I see how far I have progressed. It really helps to see how subtle the healing is, but what is actually working. I also take my methotrexate at night before I go to bed. Really helps with the side effects of it. I sleep it off and it dosen't bother me.

Sunam
by New Member on Sep. 7, 2008 at 7:41 AM

Plaquenil
Sulfasalazine
Ultram

Not thrilled with my current status but with the stress of DH being out of town for 3 months, I'm hoping to give it a try for a while longer after he gets back next month.  I really want to avoid taking the next step up with Mtx.

momoffore
by New Member on Sep. 12, 2008 at 9:54 PM

I just started up on the Humira again.  I went off the injections and all meds 3 months prior to getting pregnant with my now precious 5 month old son.  I breastfed him as long as I could, but i was at the point where I couldn't care for him, especially in the mornings.  He is a cute and cuddly 18 lbs right now!  I was excited that they came out with a pen instead of the suringe, but after my first time using the pen, I don't know if I like it.  It hurts so bad, it stings and left me a huge dark purple bruise at the injection site.  The other meds I'm taking are methotrexate, prednisone, 800 ibubrofen for pain, folic acid, and vitaman D 600 + supplements.  I hate pills!!!!!! I would always gag at taking asprin growing up, and now look at me!

bafwabalinga
by Member on Dec. 3, 2008 at 8:48 PM

Ok, so I just switched from the Enbrel, to the Humira, this was back in october.....With the Enbrel I felt it working within 3 or 4 weeks...its been about 6 and  I still feel like crap! I cant move, I cant do anything, I'm useless in the morning and barely helpful the rest of the day.....I know they say it takes time to kick in, and i have an apt with the doc in a week or two....I'm just sooo frustrated!! anyone else have this problem? I switched because it seemed the enbrel really wasnt helping anymore...so it was in hopes that the Humira would work as well as the Enbrel had.....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)