Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi moms!
Hope everyone is feeling well.
I just thought maybe we should discuss the medications we're currently taking and meds we have taken in the past. Also how well the meds worked for you just to let other Moms in the group know just how many RA meds are out there so we don't get too discouraged if we still haven't found a drug that helps with the pain and stiffness. Also please state if the med is injected by yourself or by your nurse. If you want to mention dosages that would be fine too. PLEASE DO NOT TAKE IT UPON YOURSELVES TO CHANGE YOUR OWN MEDICATIONS WITHOUT FIRST DISCUSSING IT WITH YOUR DOCTORS.
by on Jul. 15, 2008 at 12:50 PM
Replies (11-14):
skywatcher1973
by on Jun. 24, 2009 at 10:41 PM

I am on Mobic. It's not helping that much, but I just started back on meds, so this is what they gave me.

I have used celibrex & prednisone.

SoarinEagle
by New Member on Jun. 24, 2009 at 11:16 PM
I'm currently on:

Methotrexate 2.5mg~6 tabs per week

Mobic 7.5mg~ 1 tab twice a day

Prednisone 15mg~ once a day ( was on 60mg to begin with, still tapering down)

Nexium 40mg~ once a day ( for all the stomach problems that have progressively gotten worse since I was diagnosed with RA )

Vicodin 5-500mg~ was taking 1 pill 4 times a day, but since I started Remicade I'm down to 2 pills a day YAY

Remicade infusions~ via IV at my Rheumo's office. This is my miracle drug, just got my 1st infusion 2 weeks ago, I go for my 2nd one this tuesday coming. I can tell today that it's wearing off, so tuesday can't get here quick enough. I haven't felt this "normal" since the summer of last year.

Vitamins~ I take Biotin Forte for hair thinning, and it works well for me.

Hopefully soon I'll be able to drop the Prednisone and the Mobic says my dr. I am so looking forward to that :)
Rachel0116
by New Member on Sep. 25, 2009 at 7:21 PM

i am currently on:

Methotraxate (6-2.5mg once a week) 

Tylenol

folic acid (1mg)

prenatal vitamins

and omeprazole

my question is how many is too much before they move to injections? And what kind of stomach problems  are people having bc lately I have had more stomach prolems lately (more than usual).  also is anyone experiencing lots of sickness with the metho?i feel like i stay sick.  ever since i started it (1yr ago), i've had pneumonia, bronchitis, the flu, and a sinus infection that has never gone away, and an upper resp infection.

Rachel0116
by New Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Wow...so much has changed since this post. Here is the update :

Methotraxate 1ml subq wkly
Rituxan infusions
Calcium 500 +D
Armour thyroid
Lo loestrin birth control
Hydrocodone

So far im not seeing any results. So frustrating!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)