Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You know just what I'm going through!!!

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2008 at 2:14 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 211 Total Views

I recently joined the group and was reading up on all of your stories, wow!  You know just what I'm going through!  i can relate to every single one of you! My hubby doesn't get the idea that we can't horse play like we used to. Some days I'm strong, but most of the time I'm weak, I can do dishes, but it hurts so bad.  I'm making sacrifices for my new breastfeeding baby and I saw a mom on here posted the same thing.  I am so glad that i am not alone!  My RA Dr. sucks, he's the only one in our area, the next town is 2 hrs. away, so i put up with him.  I wanted a baby so bad, and now that he is here he is hard to take care of.  He deserves so much more from me.  Oh, and the Handicap parking sticker, I am definitely applying for one!  I never thought it would be so much fun to talk about my RA and now that i have joined this group, i see the light at the end of the tunnel, keep sharing your stories, they make me feel better!  Thanks all of you!

by on Aug. 7, 2008 at 2:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
jeninjuice
by on Aug. 8, 2008 at 10:08 AM

doesn't RA just suck?

I woke up feeling very blah this morning. I took a hot shower, some meds and I still feel like crap. I got my disability placard, and it's a great thing to get. I honestly only use it when I really need it. But I still always park close. How old did you say your baby was? mine just turned one. whew! I commend you for breastfeeding. I hear that it does make RA flare ups, though, just fyi.

take care!

annabelles
by Group Owner on Aug. 8, 2008 at 1:39 PM

I have the handicap sign that I prefer to hang vs the license plate sticker that way I can take it with me when I go shopping with my parents or friends that way I can always park up on my bad days. I suggest getting two of them in case you forget it in someones car which I have done with my parents and they live 45 mins away. I think its like 12 bucks for an extra. Have you  thought of driving the 2 hours to see a better Rheumatologist usually you only have to visit every few months. I only see my doc every 4 months unless I'm having a problem with one of my joints in that case she'll have me come in to have it injected with cortisone which hurts like a son-of-a-B but I feel like I can run a marathon after and it lasts for months.

momoffore
by New Member on Aug. 8, 2008 at 10:15 PM

Quoting jeninjuice:

How old did you say your baby was? mine just turned one. whew!... I commend you for breastfeeding. I hear that it does make RA flare ups, though, just fyi.

My baby is 4 months old.  My goal was to breastfeed him until he turned 6 months but i don't know if i'm going to make it!  No one told me it could cause flare ups.  Unforntuanetly my RA Dr. and pediatrition don't seem to know shit about RA.  THey kind of let me decide what to do instead of offering advice or suggestions or info. about the whole baby thing.  Fortunately my baby is healthy and he seems to be doing fine on Prednisone right along with me.  Thanks for the info.  everything helps.

momoffore
by New Member on Aug. 8, 2008 at 10:18 PM

I have thought about driving the two hours, I think I will if when i go back on the Humira it doesn't work.  And I did ask the Dr. about signing off to get me the placard, i just have to remember to go get the app from the DMV!  So many things to do, so little time to do it, and not energy to do it with!LOL

annabelles
by Group Owner on Aug. 8, 2008 at 11:21 PM

Try looking up the DMV website maybe you can do it online.

loveingmybabies
by Member on Jan. 29, 2009 at 6:29 PM

Hi Momoffore  My name is Sylvia. I am Breast feeding my son who will be 1 in Feb. I also fed my oldest son who will be 4 in July. Truthfully,I got better while I was prego with my first. My RA went into a light form of remission. It was a little different with my youngest. But I have not had any problems with Breastfeeding either of my sons. I would consider going those 2 hours for a better Doc. That is what I was planning on doing,even if  we had to drive to San Antonio,TX. for a better Doc.Which is 4 hours from me.Having a good RA Doc is part of getting better.So please look into it. I am hopeing all goes well with the new Doc I am trying to see,and hopefully be able to get a Handicap Tag.You ladies understand how the smallest trip to the store can hurt. If you have any questions,like about BFing your baby,please just ask me.Hope you feel better.hugs

Quoting momoffore:

Quoting jeninjuice:

How old did you say your baby was? mine just turned one. whew!... I commend you for breastfeeding. I hear that it does make RA flare ups, though, just fyi.

My baby is 4 months old.  My goal was to breastfeed him until he turned 6 months but i don't know if i'm going to make it!  No one told me it could cause flare ups.  Unforntuanetly my RA Dr. and pediatrition don't seem to know shit about RA.  THey kind of let me decide what to do instead of offering advice or suggestions or info. about the whole baby thing.  Fortunately my baby is healthy and he seems to be doing fine on Prednisone right along with me.  Thanks for the info.  everything helps.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)