Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i got a hard lump on my leg (piog)

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2009 at 11:33 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 366 Total Views
just wanted to get your opinions on this. It's hard. and I have rheumatoid nodules on other parts of my body, but this one is huge in comparison and it's not on a joint, it's almost like a knot at the bottom of the calf. I've made a doctor's appointment, but it's not until the 29th. the receptionist said she would call me if anything opened up sooner, but...what do you think it is? does anyone have something similar? I do take methotrexate, and I've read that that medicine makes nodules more likely. Thanks for your responses
by on Apr. 7, 2009 at 11:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
loveingmybabies
by Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:23 PM

Sorry to hear you have RA.I have it as well,got it not long after I turned 24. Ive never had what your speaking of,so I cant be any help there...sorry. But would you mind explaining what a Rheumatoid Nodules is. Due to no insurance,I havent been under Drs care,so no meds yet.I just recently got insurance so Im waiting to see a Doc and get on meds. Thanks for your time and I really hope you feel better soon.

jeninjuice
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:22 PM

Quoting loveingmybabies:

Sorry to hear you have RA.I have it as well,got it not long after I turned 24. Ive never had what your speaking of,so I cant be any help there...sorry. But would you mind explaining what a Rheumatoid Nodules is. Due to no insurance,I havent been under Drs care,so no meds yet.I just recently got insurance so Im waiting to see a Doc and get on meds. Thanks for your time and I really hope you feel better soon.

They're like a hard bump that grow on your joints, I had asked my doc about them because I have one on my elbow, she said they have a life of their own. I was doing research and I guess other people can get them without having RA. I've had one under my toe since I was 19, I was diagnosed with RA 2 years ago. So? try this link....   http://arthritis.about.com/cs/nodules/a/rheumanodules.htm

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN