Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Metho Shots and Humaria Shots?

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2009 at 4:00 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 591 Total Views

Hellow ladies. I hope you are all doing well. As for myself, things are good. I started my Metho Shots on August 14th(instead of like 8 pills a day of it)So now i wait till next week to go and have blood work done.After my R.A. Doc gets the blood results,I should then have an Appt to start the Humara treatment shots.And then of course blood work once a month to make sure all else is still normal...

If any of you take or have taken these before,could you share any of your good and bad moments..

Thank you, Best of health to you all

by on Sep. 9, 2009 at 4:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
beaniesmommy04
by New Member on Sep. 10, 2009 at 12:38 PM

Hi! I truly hope the metho and humira help you. I started the metho pills two years ago, first I took 10 everyweek then 8. They did a number on my stomach, so now I take the shot its not as bad. My stomach burns a little bit now.  What I dont like about metho is my hair started falling out and I can't be in the sun. : (  Also my liver tests came out abnormal in the beginning, not anymore though. I have also tried enbrel and humira.  Humira was the last one I tried I was ok in the beginning, but I started getting really bad rashes all over my body after the second shot.   The worst part has been most of the meds have not helped. I'll find out on the 23rd what the next course of treatment will be. Good luck. have a nice day

loveingmybabies
by Member on Sep. 12, 2009 at 9:42 PM

Thank you for taking time to respond. My hair has fallen out some a few years ago when I was first put on Enbrel.Now that I have a Doc,he has put me on Pred and Metho for now.And my hair seems to be falling out a little again.He has also put me on Folic Acid pills to help with that.So far all has gone well,no reactions.And I should have blood drawn on Monday........Well   I hope that your next Doc visit goes well and that hopefully new meds will do the trick.. Best of luck.

Quoting beaniesmommy04:

Hi! I truly hope the metho and humira help you. I started the metho pills two years ago, first I took 10 everyweek then 8. They did a number on my stomach, so now I take the shot its not as bad. My stomach burns a little bit now.  What I dont like about metho is my hair started falling out and I can't be in the sun. : (  Also my liver tests came out abnormal in the beginning, not anymore though. I have also tried enbrel and humira.  Humira was the last one I tried I was ok in the beginning, but I started getting really bad rashes all over my body after the second shot.   The worst part has been most of the meds have not helped. I'll find out on the 23rd what the next course of treatment will be. Good luck. have a nice day

6KRAZYKIDZ
by New Member on Sep. 15, 2009 at 2:38 PM

HI!

I ALSO STARTED ON THE 8 METHO PILLS, I DIDNT GET MUCH RELIEF AT ALL, BUT WHEN THE DOC PUT ME ON THE METHO SHOT IT IS .8 I BELIEVE MOST OF THE NEEDLE. I NOTICED A HUGE DIFFERENCE ABOUT THE 3RD MONTH. I ACTUALLY FELT SLIGHTLY NORMAL. THE FOLIC ACID PILLS ARE VERY IMPORTANT TO REMEMBER TO TAKE IT WILL PREVENT BLISTERS IN YOUR MOUTH. I WAS SUPPOSE TO START ORENCIA LAST SEPT, BUT THAT SAME WEEK MY HUSBAND WAS DIAGNOSED WITH CANCER, NEEDLESS TO SAY MY RA WAS TOSSED ASIDE.  BUT GOOD LUCK TO YOU. I HOPE IT HELPS, DOES YOUR DOC OFFER PAIN MEDS TO YOU?

MY DOC SEEMS TO BE PAIN MED CRAZED. IM AFRAID OF ADDICTION, BUT HE BELIEVES IN KEEPING HIS PATIENTS PAINFREE. OR AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE, JUST CURIOUS.

LINDA

loveingmybabies
by Member on Sep. 19, 2009 at 12:26 AM

we havent disscused pain meds just yet.And Im still not on the Humara shots,waiting for lab work.I do intend to ask him about pain meds,I still have days where my body hurts and Arthritis Tylenol only does such much  I am so sorry for the news concerning your husband.My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family in your time.
    Feel free to stay in touch with me.Sending Huggs your way

Quoting 6KRAZYKIDZ:

HI!

I ALSO STARTED ON THE 8 METHO PILLS, I DIDNT GET MUCH RELIEF AT ALL, BUT WHEN THE DOC PUT ME ON THE METHO SHOT IT IS .8 I BELIEVE MOST OF THE NEEDLE. I NOTICED A HUGE DIFFERENCE ABOUT THE 3RD MONTH. I ACTUALLY FELT SLIGHTLY NORMAL. THE FOLIC ACID PILLS ARE VERY IMPORTANT TO REMEMBER TO TAKE IT WILL PREVENT BLISTERS IN YOUR MOUTH. I WAS SUPPOSE TO START ORENCIA LAST SEPT, BUT THAT SAME WEEK MY HUSBAND WAS DIAGNOSED WITH CANCER, NEEDLESS TO SAY MY RA WAS TOSSED ASIDE.  BUT GOOD LUCK TO YOU. I HOPE IT HELPS, DOES YOUR DOC OFFER PAIN MEDS TO YOU?

MY DOC SEEMS TO BE PAIN MED CRAZED. IM AFRAID OF ADDICTION, BUT HE BELIEVES IN KEEPING HIS PATIENTS PAINFREE. OR AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE, JUST CURIOUS.

LINDA

Rachel0116
by New Member on Feb. 19, 2010 at 5:13 PM

hello ladies...i started the metho shots last week.  i seem to have nausea all of the time. i am allergic to NSAIDS and steriods. so, the only other thing that i am taking is darvocet.  does anyone else have the same prob with the nauseousness?

loveingmybabies
by Member on Feb. 23, 2010 at 9:35 PM

hi Rachel,Im Sylvia. Sorry to hear about your nausea. I have not ever had that prob with the shots.Even when I was on Enbreil(sp?) shots. Although the Metho shots have started to hurt,not the Meds themselfs,but the needle part.And afterwards I bruise.Was doing them on my upper legs,but will start on my tummy next.  Let me know how things go for you

Quoting Rachel0116:

hello ladies...i started the metho shots last week.  i seem to have nausea all of the time. i am allergic to NSAIDS and steriods. so, the only other thing that i am taking is darvocet.  does anyone else have the same prob with the nauseousness?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN