Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

R.A. and Excercise???

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2009 at 1:42 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 254 Total Views

Hi ladies! I was wondering if excercise helps you with your R.A? You know how doctors say if you excercise it will help with stiffness and inflamation,etc. I sometimes dont have the energy or I am in pain, and have trouble doing everyday stuff. How am I supposed to excercise?! Going grocery shopping wears me out, and keeping up with my 5 y.o. son. I would really like to know how you all feel about excercising and RA. Thanks. how are you

by on Sep. 28, 2009 at 1:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
katy911
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 1:59 AM

I don't really have anything overly helpful to say, but my doctor basically says "Use it or lose it." meaning that I need to exercise and keep my joints moving or they will deteriorate faster.  But, I too wonder what kind of exercise I can safely do.  I am very overweight and I know I need to exercise to lose the excess weight, but I also know how I feel when I over do it on a good day.  I end up all sore and fatigued the next day or two.  I'm wondering where that happy medium is between actually getting some beneficial exercise and not over doing it.

Katy

Mommy to Alex...

A firefighter's wife...

And babysitter of many cops (AKA-911 Dispatcher)  :o)

loveingmybabies
by Member on Jan. 7, 2010 at 11:27 PM

Water excercise is the way to go. Ive had RA for 6 yrs,Im 30 with 2 little boys.I ve done water excercise before,although hard at first it does get better with time. Or soak in the tub with warm water and epsom (sp) salt and move your body parts as best you can.Also get a sock with rice in it and squeeze with your hands.Have some one help and lift your arms while you sit,lay down and have some help with bringing your legs up slowly.

Just try whaterver you can,do what feels right for you.Take it slow until you are ready to do more.

Best of luck to you all,let me know if I can help with anything

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)