Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help picking color

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:39 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 1605 Total Views

My husband's grandmother will be moving out (we have been living with her as she has dementia and we are taking care of her) in about 6 months.  We will have the entire house to our selves and I am so very excited!  We get to do whatever we want to the house!  Besides from the living room, the kitchen will be my first project on painting.

My question is this, what colors are best for kitchens.  I was thinking of a very light yellow or a very light blue, my son keeps saying blue and I'm thinking I like a light blue! 

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
psych_mom
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:42 PM

I think that blue is a great color for a kitchen! Reds and greens also go good, but if you really like blue (I love blue and my kitchen has always had blue in it's decor) then go with that. If you like yellow, they go together really well in decorating so you can bring it in in the accessories that you pick, or vice versa. Hope to see pics!

kokobeans
by New Member on Jan. 4, 2010 at 7:26 AM

Remember, the kitchen is the heart.  What makes things warm and cozy for you? 

Keep in mind what deco you already have.  I have white walls since most of my stuff (mixer, toaster etc) is red, and cabinets are dark brown.

Kokobeans

moliphant28
by Member on Jan. 5, 2010 at 5:17 PM

I am working on painting my cabinets blue and my kitchen walls are going to be a soft yellow.  Right now everything is tan and in flat paint and with young kids that is not ideal.  I have painted my hallway and a few walls in my kitchen/dining room the yellow and I LOVE them!  They brighten up my kitchen so much.  I'll try to take pictures soon.

QuiltLover
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2010 at 5:24 PM

Here is a picture of my kitchen, it is burgundy and we don't have the tile backslpash up yet but  I love the color in the kitchen, feels very homey.

Graciemae829
by Member on Jan. 5, 2010 at 7:50 PM

my kitchen is white cabinets and half wall mid down is white and the mid up including ceiling is like a yellow with a little tiny bit of orange...i have found that  every single color i have in there including red looks great in there...at first i was like the ceiling omg but it grew on me ..i wish i could post pics lol ...good luck

psych_mom
by on Jan. 6, 2010 at 8:46 AM

Can I please,please, please have your kitchen? It's beautiful. I love red kitchens!

Quoting QuiltLover:

Here is a picture of my kitchen, it is burgundy and we don't have the tile backslpash up yet but  I love the color in the kitchen, feels very homey.

Graciemae829
by Member on Jan. 7, 2010 at 12:59 AM

Quoting psych_mom:

Can I please,please, please have your kitchen? It's beautiful. I love red kitchens!

Quoting QuiltLover:

This is so beautiful.I just love it!!!!

psych_mom
by on Jan. 7, 2010 at 8:24 AM

Just wanted to give you a couple of looks using yellow and blue... I also tried to find a few different decorating styles.

tiffanyderr10
by New Member on Jan. 12, 2010 at 12:46 PM

Thank you everyone for your input!  I like the light blue kitchen in the last post!  I think that's the color I'd like to go with.  I hope to get some pictures to give you ladies an idea of how the kitchen/dining room flow. 

Crazy-Steph
by Member on Jan. 15, 2010 at 11:19 PM

I don't have a picture of our kitchen, but it is the same color as our dining room.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)