Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Free IKEA Room Planner with Photos

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:57 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 999 Total Views

If any of you ladies are planning to refurnish a room or want to plan out furniture before hand to see if it will fit, this is a good tool to use.

I have and have used Google Sketchup 7 a few times but it's a little more advanced. This is good if you already have the layout of a room and just want to place furniture inside it. You'll need to take measurements and such and for the bedroom I have in question, theres 4 doors (2 closet, 1 entry and 1 bathroom) 1 baseboard and a couple windows so I imagine I took more measurements than usual.

Here's a link

http://www.ikea.com/ms/en_US/rooms_ideas/splashplanners.html#lnk-3-3

and here's some photos of the model I made with the new furniture I plan to buy from IKEA for it.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Ms.Alicia52
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:04 PM

Thanks mama!

Alicia

FaithMc.
by New Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:22 PM

No problem! It helped me in figuring out how well the furniture in mind would fit into the room :)

Quoting Ms.Alicia52:

Thanks mama!

Carey2006
by Member on Jan. 27, 2010 at 12:26 AM

I joined this group just so I could reply....

THIS IS FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!

Just what I need and have been looking for!!!!!

THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH for sharing!!!!!  

:)

klatshaw
by on Jan. 28, 2010 at 10:56 PM

ok, that is WAY cool! just what I need!! thank you

Tammas
by New Member on Jan. 29, 2010 at 6:08 PM

thank you for this. This is going to help me out  a lot. we are moving into a new house next week and now I dont have to stress as much worrying if the furniture will fit or not.

FaithMc.
by New Member on Jan. 29, 2010 at 6:32 PM

Your welcome! If any of you are moving non-IKEA furniture in, just find some furniture on their website with measurements close to the furniture you have now! :)

Quoting Tammas:

thank you for this. This is going to help me out  a lot. we are moving into a new house next week and now I dont have to stress as much worrying if the furniture will fit or not.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)