Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Boy/girl sharing room... theme ideas? *update*

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2010 at 2:00 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 9518 Total Views

Update- Well, we ended up deciding on cowboy/cowgirl theme. It didn't even dawn on me. I went to Hobby Lobby and found bandanas and that was it! I have started on their room, but hopefully I will have it completed by Sunday! I made bandana curtains, we bought some straw cowboy hats. Hobby Lobby had photo frames, signs, stars for 50% off! I bought red & navy sheets and bedspreads at Target! I think it will look great. I will update with pictures hopefully in a week!

Hi! I'm Devin and new to the group. My husband and I are expecting baby # 3. My 2 older kids are going to have to share a room for a year or so, until our lease is up and hopefully purchasing our first home! I have a 5 year old boy and a 2 year old girl, they get along very well. We purchased bunkbeds for them and they are loving them.

Mainstays - Twin-Over-Twin Wood Bunk Bed, Cherry

I need a theme for their room, I'm pretty crafty and can make decor, but I need an idea on where to start. Something that will suite a boy and a girl. I was thinking jungle, under the sea, princess and knight... I would like to find solid color comforters. Any ideas or pictures of your boy/girl sharing a room and their decor? Thanks!

Pregnancy%20ticker

by on Feb. 15, 2010 at 2:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
moliphant28
by Member on Feb. 15, 2010 at 11:29 PM

Ikea has some really cute ideas for boy/girl rooms.  I like Ikea's stuff because they have a lot of gender neutral.  Here is a picture of a boy/girl room I took at an Ikea store. 

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50107744

Junction216
by Member on Feb. 15, 2010 at 11:33 PM

When I first read your title, I immediately thought jungle!  lol  

Rockermom72
by New Member on Feb. 17, 2010 at 1:52 PM

We live at the beach so an ocean theme was an easy pick for my son and daughter.

Kamtar
by Member on Feb. 18, 2010 at 9:55 AM

Here is a link to a jungle theme bedroom... I think this is cute and can be shared by both a boy and a girl.

http://www.bhg.com/decorating/decorating-slide-shows/kids-rooms/toddler-jungle-theme-room/

b_rod
by on Feb. 19, 2010 at 5:17 PM
I was thinking ocean also. Maybe the colors could be green, blue and purple?? Put more purple, and some pnk on her side. And sharks and more blue on his side?
MOCHAMOMME
by on Mar. 2, 2010 at 9:50 PM

I am going to be moving my baby daughter into a bedroom with her toddler brother in a few months and I plan to do a sesame street theme...I figure I cant go wrong with elmo, cookie monster and abby cadaby...I plan on putting up lots of primary colors and alphabets 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)