Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How I decorated my small bathroom

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 6:32 PM
  • 27 Replies
  • 1825 Total Views

This bath is so small. I took off the wall paper and textured the walls I still need to paint it but I don't know what color to use so that it doesn't look smaller. I made my own shower curtains out of sheets but I think I would rather have shower doors because its so small I put up some home interior pictures and shelves and I still need to do the floor.

this is what you see when you first enter

this is on the left side when you enter I accidentally broke my votive cup that goes on the holder. I also want to replace the cabinet and mirror

this is on the right side when entering behind the door

what color should I paint my walls and would it be better to put shower doors

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 6:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MOCHAMOMME
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 6:45 PM

beautiful...where did you find the towel holder? 

lillyskids
by Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 7:14 PM

Quoting MOCHAMOMME:

beautiful...where did you find the towel holder? 

Thank you. Its from Home Interior I bought it back in 98 both towel holders .I have another one like the on the right side wall with the big picture I got it at a yard sale for $3.00 three months ago I'm going to use that one in my other bathroom that I'm remodeling

norahsmommy
by Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 7:25 PM

Perhaps a dusky pink or mauve, or a light tan?  I like the curtains I think they add alot of charm and luxury to the bathrooom. 

moliphant28
by Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:40 PM

I think you should paint a light shade of the green in the flowers.

meandmyshadow
by Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:40 PM

I'm not a big fan of shower doors.  I think the bathroom looks great.  I like your shower curtain.  I think I would paint a light tan too.  It would be a nice neutral.

Live Simply..Give More..Expect Less

momof3jam
by Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:46 PM

I'd do a beige and maybe a vertical striped shower curtain... Try a pedestal sink. That's what we did. Our bathroom is the same size as yours, and it made it look so much bigger. We got it on craigslist for $20. We're also putting up a small wall cabinet for the toiletries, etc. And try a tall, thin mirror to match the sink - that will free up wall space...

Just throwing out some ideas. We're in the middle of our remodel right now...

dimongrl
by Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:57 PM

AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quoting meandmyshadow:

I'm not a big fan of shower doors.  I think the bathroom looks great.  I like your shower curtain.  I think I would paint a light tan too.  It would be a nice neutral.

TheJerseyGirl
by Group Owner on Mar. 7, 2010 at 7:18 AM

I have a small bath like that too! I know what you're saying about shower doors...I've gone back and forth on it. I love them, but would still think the shower was missing something, you know?

I love burgundy....a small bath needs a light color. Maybe a shade of beige?You could do a sage color too!

Devyn
by Member on Mar. 11, 2010 at 7:56 AM

i love what you have done and thoughI normally am not a fan of shower doors I think that since youre bathroom is so small, that by adding doors it will make your room appear bigger and not so overwhelmed by the shower curtain. As far as a color for the walls go I would suggest a neutral since the burgundy is so bold.

sonorared
by Member on Mar. 12, 2010 at 12:55 PM

You have done an incredible job with such a small space.  The room is lovely.  I loathe shower doors.  Although shower doors would make the bathroom look bigger, I believe the shower curtains add a touch of elegance that fits the tone of the whole room.  Keep the walls very light, a tan or pale green..  kudos to you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)