Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

bathroom shower curtain?

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:26 AM
  • 14 Replies
  • 463 Total Views

I have a separate shower and tub in my master bathroom. My bathroom looks a bit generic to me. I was considering adding a rod and pretty fabric shower curtains (two pieces) over the tub. Clearly, there is not a need to keep shower spray in but I thought it might  make the bathroom look a bit softer. What do you ladies think? These pictures are about 5 months old from when we first moved in. The pictures are placed differently but otherwise it's the same. Please excuse the mess!

by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kjrn79
by New Member on May. 2, 2010 at 3:55 PM

I don't know what I'd do with this bathroom....I think I'd paint or wallpaper.  I like your idea about the curtains, but that will make the space feel smaller, if you don't mind that.  I also might put a shelf over the long wall of the tub, for candles/ knickknacks, that sort of thing. 

Good luck!

reddmarie
by Member on May. 3, 2010 at 12:29 AM

How about a beaded curtain by the tub? Bit of 'shine'..but not as 'full' or 'bulky' as fabric might be...cleaner lines...would be nice texture with the tile, too.  Painting that tub 'alcove' would be great! ..with the beads! Cute bath:)

reddmarie
by Member on May. 3, 2010 at 12:33 AM

Such a cute,,bath..kept lookin at your pics...your wall art is cute..however, your wallspace is quite large...try something larger ...like wall sculpture with candles...right on that back wall of tub...little votives...would warm it up...especially if you cant paint(if you're renting)...3 three square pics/wall hangings you have, could also be put on that wall..all 3 of them..straight across or 'tier' them...more dramatic...they all look kind of 'lonely' hung separately...! ..but they're cute, and would make more of a statement, if hung together...my opinion of course:)

lillyskids
by Member on May. 3, 2010 at 1:14 PM

Adding shower curtains and accessories with a theme would look nice .I have a couple of samples for you just to give you an idea.

this could go next to sink under counter top or add another cabinet like the one already there.

you could add candles on the counter top or a basket with little towels and soaps.

suziejax
by on May. 7, 2010 at 9:42 PM

Curtain panel  or shower curtain over on out side of your tub,. One on a cute spring rod ( so you dont even have to use a drill.  Ever seen a one panel tied back on a window ? Its so cute and modren. try it with a shower curtin and a CUTE tie back .      Then have a straw basket with wash rags the same color rolled up on floor sitting by it.  Simple yet instant spa type cozy.

Kittlesdesigns
by Member on May. 7, 2010 at 11:16 PM

I think if you try to put a shower curtain its going to look too crowded. I agree with another poster that you should try to put your pictures together on the wall behind the bath. You've got large blank walls thats why it looks like you're missing something. You could find a bigger piece of artwork to hang or a mural.

maggie13
by Member on May. 24, 2010 at 12:46 AM

I agree with another poster that it would look so modern if you use one panel look on a rod over the tub. It would soften the look to it. You could add a nice beaded or tassel tieback. As for the back of the wall to it, you could stencil something back there so it will not be a hazzard. You could make it look like the nice scroll design like your light on the small size.

I have the same look for my mirror and lights. I have seen a product at the home improvement stores in the the bath area that you can take foam wood like trim to trim out the mirrors. They use something like velcro.

My mom had the same lights and had them changed out. She laughed because there was only a small fixture that had the whole light system on it. It looked wonderful when she got done.

I hope you post what you do with your space! Thank you for sharing it with us.

Bmat
by Bronze Member on Jun. 6, 2010 at 9:00 AM

Some tie-back valence type curtains could work.  I have hung a couple hanging pots of nice quality silk plants in a similar area to bring some color and interest.

bhwrn1
by on Jun. 6, 2010 at 8:13 PM

I kind of like the tub without a curtain. No need for one, like you said. If you could get some softers paintings on the wall, that might help. My mom has fairies places around the rim of her tub and some candles. Could you possibly do something like that on the back parts of the rim? Under the sink, were you have your cart, I would get one of those spring rods for curtains and maybe put a split curtain there to hide the cart. I would also get a large throw rug/bathroom rug to have in the middle of the room (since it seems a bit large), rather than the smaller ones you have.

aSoldierSWifE44
by on Jun. 6, 2010 at 8:15 PM

I would never cover up that tup space, I would decorate it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)