Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG i keep changing my mind so much

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:42 PM
  • 26 Replies
  • 544 Total Views

Everything in my house was pinks and blues then my husband bought this chocolate brown sofa and loveseat and the pillows and throwrugs are striped greens browns and creams....so i have went thru color idea after idea thinking i didnt want to have to replace everything in my house but none of them were really what i wanted. finally i am thinking a latte color in my living/dining room with a sage color on one wall for accent and keeping the pinks and blues in here since the latte color is a pinky beige color. then i am doing the kitchen in a pale soft yellow with cornflower blue dishes and accessories, the bath will be ivory with seashells and roses maybe i havent really decided i had roses and miss them now that i started with the shells and im thinking im going to do the bedroom in blues and purples. here are a few pics please excuse the mess. really just want your opinion on the color idea

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Fourcheeks4
by Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:55 PM

First off, if you own your home, I'd paint the cabinets a nice crisp white. If you are doing yellow for the color, I'd add dark blue or blue toile valances to the windows in the kitchen. I like the idea about the beige and sage green. I'd paint the cabinets and mirror in the bathroom white and put a very light baby blue color to give a sense of a spa. I'd follow with white towels or tan/sand color towels. NOTHING TOO DARK. What part of the U.S.A do you live? Near the beach or Country living? What do you want your home to feel like?

demishel
by Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:27 PM

im near st louis missouri. I love the ocean but i love the whole victorian look as well as country looks. i want simple and relaxing. victorian is fussy and my house architecture is not victorian at all. i dont like modern really. i just want everything pulled together. i thought about painting the bathroom cabs white but remember when we bought them new i wanted white ones and hubs did not. the kitchen cabinets suk cuz they are the sawdust and glue ones with grooves in the doors to make them look country i guess? i have thought of painting them though. i just dont want to have to replace all the pink and blue items i have. i really think i can live without the roses and lace and hats. i dont want to give up the teacups at all but might move them into the kitchen. the curtains i have up now match my dining area placemats with wicker baskets, wheat plant, lemons and white teacups and teapots all decorated with a cornfliower blue. they do have y. ellow strips on the curtains too. im thinking i can make the colors work but im just really unsure. and actually now that i think about it i guess the dining table and the kitchen table are country im talking myself out of victorian if you cant tell lol it is beautiful and romantic and i love it but i dont have the time for it and i am not a frilly fussy person

Bmat
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2010 at 8:43 AM

I'd keep the living room simple and in earth tones.  I don't care for the pink and blue cushions with the brown sofa. If you really don't like your kitchen cabinets and don't want to replace them, maybe check into those cabinet refacing companies that replace the doors and fronts of the cabinets.

TheJerseyGirl
by Group Owner on Jun. 4, 2010 at 5:17 PM

there are lots of things with blue and brown together, but I think you may need to get rid of the pink in the living room. Why not keep all the blue and pink and teacups (love teacups!) in the kitchen?

You can also put burgundy with the browns and green and that will look good too. Maybe it will bring in a color similar to the pink so the pink won't stand out so much.

Don't be afriad of change! Change is good! sometimes all I need to brighten my mood is to change a room or paint it!

LavenderRose10
by New Member on Jun. 4, 2010 at 5:22 PM
The brown sofa is great! Lose the blue and pink pillowcase. It doesn't complement each other.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
demishel
by Member on Jun. 4, 2010 at 9:47 PM

ok so if i keep the green pillows and paint the one wall a sage color with the others all beige then i can put burgundy in the dining part of the room right? since teacups are mainly burgundy flowers. ) maybe with a lil bit of blue? since im doing blue and yellow in the kitchen i wasnt sure about the teacups because they have no blue in them. i didnt like the blue or pink either but i have seen some blue shades with brown that i like. although ive changed my mind about it and decided to keep the green.

reddmarie
by Member on Jun. 7, 2010 at 8:56 AM

What are your favorite colors? I'd start there. (dont worry about flowers on teacups) Small color like that is not important. Large solid colors are what you want to be concerned about...Example: if the shelf the cups are on is RED...that's a definite color....and then you watch that kind of stuff.  Next:..are the rooms open to each other or separate..with just a 'doorway'...if open to each other..I'd stick to one or 2 paint colors, only...if they're more closed, then you could branch a bit,,,but I'd keep it simple.  The simple answer...Sage green with burgundy is nice...I'd paint the whole room Sage..forget the beige...in fact I'd find a color that would draw it all together...Sage is a good choice...if you're set on the blue and yellow for kitchen, then I think I'd try to take something from those colors into liv/dining area....to much color makes for a choppy look. It looks busy and cluttery. Streamline it..it's easy on the eyes:) Have fun!

TempestRayne
by on Jun. 7, 2010 at 1:20 PM

Given an actual opportunity, I would decorate the way I like to dress. Very simple, very elegant, with a basick (almost monochrome) colour palate and lost of interesting accent pieces instead of a varying colour combination.

demishel
by Member on Jun. 8, 2010 at 10:22 PM

I like blues, pinks, purples all shades. I am not a huge green (though i COULD work with sage)color fan but dh likes the chocolate and green thing he bought me so now I am trying to find a way to do his choice of furniture with my "girlie" colors lol. I have no real "style" of decorating its just stuff in the house. I like the ocean its my fav spot. i like fire too. I even thought of maybe replacing the pinks with peaches and corals i could work with that and  yellow and I could add red and cobalt blue too i guess. kind of a combination of fire and ocean? Im just lost and cant choose a whole scheme to work together. With this I could just paint a gold color thru the kitchen, dining and living room and use the other colors to accent. i still want seashells in the bath and i still want blues and purples in my bedroom.

demishel
by Member on Jun. 9, 2010 at 8:20 PM

okay new idea.....all the walls in gold shades....darker in the living/dining room, pale in the kitchen, more of a lite golden beige in the bath....kitchen i guess can then have the cobalt, yellow, green and red/rust dishes and that.you know diff sets in diff colors kind of thing...can keep the sage and chocolate in the lr and add some rust in too dining room will have the same colors as it is shared room and bath will be seashells and sunrise/sets. SEE I TOLD YOU I KEEP CHANGING MY MIND!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)