Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you ever have to replace a bath tub?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:11 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 284 Total Views

How much did it cost?

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Bmat
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2010 at 8:27 AM

No I haven't so far.

TempestRayne
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 11:23 AM

not yet. Probably soon, if we get the house.

single_and_preg
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2010 at 11:28 AM

We need a new one in one of our bathrooms, its a huge jacuzzi sized tub, and has a crack in it....no-one has used it in years because it seems like a big hassel to replace.

single_and_preg
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2010 at 11:29 AM

Quoting single_and_preg:

We need a new one in one of our bathrooms, its a huge jacuzzi sized tub, and has a crack in it....no-one has used it in years because it seems like a big hassel to replace.

Like i have no idea how it would fit through the door, or how we would get the new one in, we'd probably have to tear down a wall lol.

jennmarie77
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 6:28 PM

We haven't though my husband wants to replace our cast iron one.  I told him to forget it, I love my cast iron tub.

bhwrn1
by on Jun. 5, 2010 at 8:36 PM

Not replace, but we had to buy one for our new bathroom three years ago and it was a few hundred dollars.

bhwrn1
by on Jun. 5, 2010 at 8:37 PM

When we owned our rental house, we did one of those Bath Fitter things. It was ok and quite pricey. I would say not worth it.

TempestRayne
by on Jun. 7, 2010 at 1:26 PM

Well, it seems a waste to have a tub no one uses, so I would go ahead and replace it, or, you can try and redo the bathroom totally and put in a normal size tub, or even just a stand alone shower.  It would proabbly best to have someone else do it, and to get lots of estimates from contracters for it.

single_and_preg
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:34 PM

We have thought about that..

Quoting bhwrn1:

When we owned our rental house, we did one of those Bath Fitter things. It was ok and quite pricey. I would say not worth it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)