Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have to paint with light colors??

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:38 AM
  • 15 Replies
  • 458 Total Views

We are going to re-do small half bath (approx 6 x 4) -- I was thinking of doing it in a dark color-- Some say only use light colors so it will make room larger-- Others say, use dark tones to warm up-- What is your thoughts?

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bmat
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:46 AM

I find dark colors on walls to be overpowering. But the design shows I watch are often with a wall or more in dark.  For a small space I'm not sure how this would work out for you. Perhaps you could try one wall only with the dark and see if you like it.

TheJerseyGirl
by Group Owner on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:03 AM

A small space, especially without windows looks way too dark with dark colors.

bhwrn1
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:00 PM

My cousin has a 1/2 bath that is dark brown. I think it looks spectacular.

TempestRayne
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 10:45 AM

Brighter colours do make it seem bigger. But you can do whatever you like in your bathroom :P

bhwrn1
by on Jun. 15, 2010 at 9:11 AM

I don't necessarily agree. I think it also depends on how high the ceilings are. My cousin has pretty high ceilings and her bathroom (probably about 6x6 if that) is dark brown. She has a bright light in there and it really does look nice. Also, she has a pedestal sink (so that might make it look a bit bigger) and a nice big mirror over the sink.

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

A small space, especially without windows looks way too dark with dark colors.

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

christine.r2624
by on Jun. 15, 2010 at 9:22 AM

I am using a very dark blue in our small bathroom, but its only going on the top half of the walls. the bottom half is white.

TempestRayne
by on Jun. 15, 2010 at 10:16 AM

Quoting christine.r2624:

I am using a very dark blue in our small bathroom, but its only going on the top half of the walls. the bottom half is white.

that sounds interesting, post pics!

Lilypie Maternity tickers
Bmat
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2010 at 10:33 AM

I'd love to see a picture of this!  Blue is my favorite.

Quoting TempestRayne:

Quoting christine.r2624:

that sounds interesting, post pics!

bhwrn1
by on Jun. 15, 2010 at 2:27 PM

This is interesting as I have seen the darker colors on bottom with lighter on top but never the other way around. I, too, would like to see pictures.

Quoting christine.r2624:

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

Jennifer524
by New Member on Jun. 16, 2010 at 7:21 AM

I saw a dark red 1/2 bath in one of the houses we looked at years ago it was tiny but it worked. It looked awsome. It even had a tin ceiling.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)