Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what color to paint bathroom?

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:58 PM
  • 18 Replies
  • 381 Total Views

OK I just posted this under what is your project. But I want ALOT of ideas so I am reposting in its own title.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?? The bedroom and closet is a DARK GREEN BROWN. The cabinets are antiqued, counter nice marble, brush bronzed fixtures. The walls are baby blue and tile mostly whitish/cream. I think the blue does not go w/ the flow of the other colors of the bedroom and other items. I am leaning towards very light off white or dark chocolate brown. DH says leave it blue or white. What do you all think? Oh to the left is another sink, window, and linen closet and to the right is a door with the toilet and tub following. That room is also baby blue with a dark cream/light brown tub and toilet. All the closets and doors are a very light cream/off white color.

Mommy to Corbin (7-epilepsy,autism, add) Kayla (5) Collin (9/09 bf only), Wife to Ben-OT, and I love teaching- M.Ed Early Childhood. Babywearing, homecooking, co-sleeping, SAHM.

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
single_and_preg
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:20 PM

hmm how about a golden color....let me see if i can find a pic of the color im thinking about.

single_and_preg
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:21 PM

single_and_preg
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:23 PM

Bmat
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:17 AM

Maybe eggshell?

Vicki729
by Member on Jun. 28, 2010 at 7:25 AM

I would say going with a lighter shade on the color chart than your hall - which I love.  Do the lightest color on that strip.  Chocolate brown could also work (don't be afraid to go to the darkest color on the same strip as your hall color).   My bathroom is a dark chocolate brown, woodwork is white, tile looks like stone and has different shades of cream & brown.  I love the chocolate brown.  But I'd suggest adding a long horizontal mirror that covers more of the wall you see from down the hall and reflects the light back so it doesn't look like you're looking down into a cave. 

Jodanro
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2010 at 8:00 AM

I like the blue!  I love light blues with any shades of tan and brown. Very soothing in my opinion :)

TempestRayne
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 11:12 AM

I like the idea of a cream colour, and you're right, the blue doesn't sound liek ti matches very well.

HotMommaStout
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 11:46 AM

Cream or Tan or Gold...or a warm lighter brown. Off white is a little too light, and chocolate brown is too dark IMO. MY oldest son is named Corbin!! He's 5.

bhwrn1
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 1:30 PM

I was going to say this!

Quoting Jodanro:

I like the blue!  I love light blues with any shades of tan and brown. Very soothing in my opinion :)

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

bhwrn1
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 1:30 PM

I like a gold accent color in that room. It's hard to really tell, though, b/c I can't see how big it is.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)