Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you taken flower arranging classes?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:57 AM
  • 15 Replies
  • 301 Total Views

I took a couple sessions of classes at the college, and even though I have no artistic talent I did learn about arranging and texture and color and so forth.

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
owensmom34
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:20 AM

No, I haven't but it sounds fun!  I would love to take some fun classes like flower arranging, baking, gardening, etc.

smsprice
by Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:33 AM

I took a floral designing class in high school (about 17 yrs ago) & I even hav a cretificate to be a floral designer. I love doing it but it doesnt pay good at all

kmrtigger
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:30 PM

No, but it sounds like fun!

KBix
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 11:27 AM

no it sounds like it would be fun

TempestRayne
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 1:00 PM

It sound slike an interesting hobby, but I wonder if you could find tutorials on line for how to do it. to do it.

owensmom34
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2010 at 6:56 PM

I wonder that too because on youtube I found out how to cut my little guys hair.

Quoting TempestRayne:

It sound slike an interesting hobby, but I wonder if you could find tutorials on line for how to do it. to do it.

bhwrn1
by on Jul. 15, 2010 at 8:18 PM

I have not. But it's really not my thing.

dustinsmommy74
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2010 at 11:39 PM

This

Quoting bhwrn1:

I have not. But it's really not my thing.

ksm333
by New Member on Jul. 16, 2010 at 9:31 AM

I am a floral designer.  It is certainly not a HOBBY.  It is a profession, trade..."gift".  I work incredibly long hours and at all of the holidays, when everyone else is home, I am still making that christmas centerpiece or dozen roses for v-day or easter arrang, while you are at home, enjoying the holiday with your family.  Every weekend is dedicated to weddings.  

We are the only trade industry that do not get tipped, but have to deal with the customers for almost a year sometimes (the brides) and these particular clients can be difficult.

People have no idea the actual cost of flowers, product or time involved to prep, prepare and talent to create.

So do me a favour and don't call it a hobby.  It is really insulting to the professionals in the industry.

I suppose you can learn to stick a few flowers in a vase on you tube, but there is a great deal of technique involved and talent can't be taught..

Sorry if a little touchy, but really needed to stress a point here.  

Thanks

TempestRayne
by on Jul. 16, 2010 at 10:21 AM
Sweetie, there are plenty of professions out there that people indulge in as hobbies. It's not an insult, and thre's no need to be touchy about it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)