Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Started our bathroom!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:27 AM
  • 13 Replies
  • 588 Total Views

I'm so excited. My parents took the two older boys this weekend and DH and I demolished the downstairs bathroom: wallpaper off, floor taken up, molding gone, vanity and sink removed, medicine chest and light fixture removed. I washed the walls and spackled yesterday. Then redid some spots this morning. I am waiting for them to dry so I can prime and then we can paint!

Dilema on the tiles. We have 57 tiles but need 30 more. We went to the store and they don't make them anymore (they are 3 years old from when we had our addition done). We looked at other tiles in different colors to see if we could do a pattern and we found some we like. Problem is, the tiles we have have a bit of a wavy edge while all the other tiles have a straight edge. I'm not sure if it will look good. What do you think?

I'll post before and after pictures once I get them uploaded.

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrslolo83
by Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:37 AM

no clue but good luck :) cant wait to see pics!

dustinsmommy74
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:14 PM

Good luck!

KBix
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:57 PM
Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jodanro
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:49 PM

So exciting!!  Can't wait to see pictures.  Choices are way too hard! LOL

bhwrn1
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 3:54 PM

DH got called out to work and all three kids are here, so no painting today :( We'll have to do it during the week.

kmrtigger
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 5:16 PM

Can't wait to see pictures! Good luck!

KBix
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 6:15 PM

im sorry?

Quoting bhwrn1:

DH got called out to work and all three kids are here, so no painting today :( We'll have to do it during the week.

Kristina~mommy to Bailian and wife to Brad~ 
TempestRayne
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 11:07 AM

I think we would have to see the tiles you have and the tiles you want to form an opnion of whether or not they would look good together. But I am leaning toward no.

owensmom34
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2010 at 12:24 PM

Oh no...about the tiles!  I'm glad you were able to get the project going...looking forward to pictures!!

bhwrn1
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 8:49 PM

Well, yes and now. The money is great, but I really wanted to do so much  more with the bathroom this past weekend. Our plans got all screwed up.

Quoting KBix:

im sorry?

Quoting bhwrn1:

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)