Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

dinning room decorating

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:31 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 431 Total Views

The walls in my dinning room are pretty bare right now. And I am trying to figure out what I want to put up in there.  This is my dinning room.
The only thing that I am going to change on this wall is the big multi-colored butterfly and the black and white butterfly.  DH is putting the multi-colored one up on the wall this weekend, it is going higher up right about where you see the fan blade.  And I am not sure where I am going to move the black and white one to yet.

The two butterflies on the corners of the door way are going to be evened up this weekend.

What kind of decoration do you have on the walls of your dinning room?

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shaynas_Mommy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:38 PM

We don't have a dining room, just a big eat in kitchen.

Photobucket

AM-BRAT
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:39 PM

Well, *I* would take it all down and start new. It seems chaotic to me. If you like butterflies, find some cohesive, clean looking pieces. But all those papers, don't do any justice.

AM-BRAT
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:40 PM

Also, maybe some butterfly deco for the table.

Mom2torandis
by Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:25 PM

Quoting AM-BRAT:

Also, maybe some butterfly deco for the table.

I have stuff that goes on the table already (its a mess in the pics).  The stuff on that one wall is all stuff either drawn or colored by my kids and my nieces.  I know it looks crazy but it is the 'Wall of Fame', and the kids are all proud of it.

AM-BRAT
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:27 PM

Maybe there could be a more organized way to show their pride. Like a collage on ONE board or something...

Mom2torandis
by Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:55 PM

Quoting AM-BRAT:

Maybe there could be a more organized way to show their pride. Like a collage on ONE board or something...

maybe.  Would have to be one big board LOL. Gonna take another pic of that wall now that the stand and stuff are cleaned up.

shontaye_81
by Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:28 PM

I can totally understand the wall of fame. 

I see from the pictures that your decor has

Maybe try framing their drawings to make them go in the dining room a little better. That way they look more like pieces of art.  Also, that way you can change them out when they have ones that they like more..

I see from the pictures that your decor has black. Black frames would look great right there or maybe one cohesive color as an accent wall of frames...

It's just a suggestion....

I am a butterfly lover to..I don't have any decor that are butterflies, but I have one tattooed on my back...

LiloViet
by Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:24 PM

Wouldn't you be able to do the 'wall of fame' in their rooms or your office? Away from the main living area? :)

alohamalu
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:42 PM

Our dining room has two paintings that my mom painted for us (oil paintings, red and yellow tulips), and an oil reproduction (I wish it were the real deal!) of a Monet. 

SamMom912
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:48 PM

Are you looking for suggestions?  Cause I have tons of suggestions for that room.  It is a nice size- and the door to your patio is so nice... but the room has no personality.  Your personality and style isnt comming thru- at all.   It looks like a blank slate with "stuff" on the walls willy nilly...and I get the "wall of fame" but it just looks messy....that room is just waiting for some love, attention and style...  It can "be" so much more...

Hanging on the walls of my diningroom are 4 watercolor drawing type pictures of some streetscapes in europe that my g'ma brought home in the 40's in gold and black frames, we have a bluestone fireplace with a picture of a fisherman above (hubby loves it... it is ok in my book, LOL), family photos on the mantle, a hutch (which takes some wall space) a shelf with some family photos and a big bay window.
The walls are painted green, it has cathedral ceilings and a ceiling fan.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)