Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need ideas!**PICS ADDED** EDIT

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:59 PM
  • 27 Replies
  • 1008 Total Views

We got the bigger house!!! YAY! This changes what I will do with the furniture... spending the next 2 weeks packing up to move!!!

I have a bookshelf and chest of drawers in the kids room to be painted.... and a China cabinet currently used as storage that has either a- got to go or b- be painted/revamped into something new. I will post pics as soon as I get home, but if any of you have before/after furniture pics/tips please post them!

currently being used as storage. Ignore the broken screen door in the background- my 65 lb dog tried to jump through it.... I dunno how he didnt do more damage

book shelf (toy holder)

dresser

Are you a mom in a blended family? Join me in "Moms with Blended Families"

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
notjstanothrmom
by Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:00 PM

BUMP!

stacyswicks
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:05 PM
Do you have a theme going in the room?
christine.r2624
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:30 PM
Sorry I never got around to pictures. I got crazy sick when I got home (combo pregnancy/migraine).

The dresser and bookshelf is in the kids room. The theme is currently brown, pink and blue... But we find out this week if we are getting a 3 bedroom, in which case the bookshelf would go to DS and dresser to DD and then I'd be buying more furniture.

The dining room has no theme at all, so the china cabinet is fair game.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AM-BRAT
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:13 PM

Hope you get to feeling better! I'll check back for pix...

mrslolo83
by Member on Sep. 1, 2010 at 1:10 PM
I love the china cabinet and would paint them all the same colors, and if the china cabinet fit in their room or play area it can be used for toys too lol but then again its glass so not sure.. Can u replace the glass with plastic?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christine.r2624
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 2:20 PM

I'm thinking about taking the glass out and leaving it "open". In the kids room, I may paint the stuff brown and put pink and blue accents on it? I really dont know.... I love the vinyl wall decals and I think I may be able to find some that would go well in their room and would fit on the dresser or the side of the bookshelf.

There is no room in their room for the china cabinet, I wish there was! I seriously hope we get the bigger house, we need the space!

Quoting mrslolo83:

I love the china cabinet and would paint them all the same colors, and if the china cabinet fit in their room or play area it can be used for toys too lol but then again its glass so not sure.. Can u replace the glass with plastic?

inmybizz
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 2:24 PM

I really like the color of the china cabinet..I think what you put inside of it can make it really stand out..

christine.r2624
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 4:27 PM

any suggestions?

Quoting inmybizz:

I really like the color of the china cabinet..I think what you put inside of it can make it really stand out..

bhwrn1
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 4:35 PM

For the dresser, I would do a white paint. That goes with anything. I might think about the same thing for the bookshelf, but it seems like it would also need some ornamental stuff to it. not so sure about the china closet.

AM-BRAT
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 4:45 PM

For the regular shelf, paint it white and add these:

Circo® Canvas 2-pc. Bin Set - Pink (Small) 

$15.99

Or whatever color you like...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)