• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you think?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:29 PM
  • 14 Replies
  • 491 Total Views

I can't seem to find any old pictures of my living room :(  I'll update if I find them!

Here are the new ones...

Ok, so this big shelf needs more baskets but we're having to buy those slowly.  We are getting the love seat that matches this chair and it will go on that empty wall.  My daughter's exersaucer does not stay in this room, it's just there because she's playing in it.

The red blanket on the chair doesn't stay.  Two of the pillows will go on the love seat.

Hoping my mom and I can recover my son's little recliner to match our new furniture

Come black Friday we will be getting a flat screen TV to hang on the wall and a media cabinet below it.  So this entertainment center will be gone.

And ignore all of the junk that is behind the big shelf, haven't gotten to that side of the living room yet!

I'm thinking maybe a throw rug?  Can anybody help me find one?  I'd like to stay under $100 for it.

What do you think?

Mommy to my angel baby (miscarried 6/21/06 at 10 weeks), Jason Josiah (born 6/6/07) who is always pushing to be the best he can be, and my VBAC baby who tested my patience to no end by being 15 days late Delaney Abygail Grace (born 4/19/10)

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JasonsMom2007
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:34 PM

Oh, and if you can find a media cabinet too?  I want to stay under $300.  It needs to have glass covering the blu ray player so my daughter doesn't break it!  And it needs to have space for our wii as well.

justcallmemom86
by New Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:02 PM

is that a dog over in the corner. Is it a GSP???

JasonsMom2007
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:08 PM

That's my English Springer Spaniel :)

Quoting justcallmemom86:

is that a dog over in the corner. Is it a GSP???

Mommy to my angel baby (miscarried 6/21/06 at 10 weeks), Jason Josiah (born 6/6/07) who is always pushing to be the best he can be, and my VBAC baby who tested my patience to no end by being 15 days late Delaney Abygail Grace (born 4/19/10)

justcallmemom86
by New Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:11 PM

Oh ok its the same colors and markings as my german short haired pointer

JasonsMom2007
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:23 PM

Yeah, my parents have one of those :)  Dumbest dog in the world!  He will come running down the driveway at us when we go over there and we stop the car and he actually runs head first into the front bumper!

Quoting justcallmemom86:

Oh ok its the same colors and markings as my german short haired pointer

mrslolo83
by Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:55 PM

rugsusa.com has alot of nice rugs for under 100! here are a couple that i think go with the blue curtains and walls you have :D

radici como 1593 rug (starting at $44.20)

milliken hillendale wesport rug (starting at $38.25)

radici castello II castello 1187 (starting at $40.80)

united weavers manhatten times square (starting at 11.05)

(my fav) momeni lil mo hipster LMT1 (starting at $54.40)

there are tons and tons of them lol.. do you know what color or pattern type you are looking for?

JasonsMom2007
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:38 PM
No clue but I'll look there thank you!

Quoting mrslolo83:

rugsusa.com has alot of nice rugs for under 100! here are a couple that i think go with the blue curtains and walls you have :D

radici como 1593 rug (starting at $44.20)

milliken hillendale wesport rug (starting at $38.25)

radici castello II castello 1187 (starting at $40.80)

united weavers manhatten times square (starting at 11.05)

(my fav) momeni lil mo hipster LMT1 (starting at $54.40)

there are tons and tons of them lol.. do you know what color or pattern type you are looking for?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheJerseyGirl
by Group Owner on Sep. 29, 2010 at 8:58 AM

Great job so far!

I have found more things for my house in places like Target, Kohls, HomeGoods, Marshalls....even Walmart and Kmart. You just need to look around. Best thing you could do is look online..and don't forget Amazon or Ebay!!!

SamMom912
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:55 PM

I think you have beautiful hardwood floors and I really like that color blue...the room seems filled with natural light and that is so great...
But, I dont 'get' the room. 
Is it your livingroom where you and hubby watch TV?  Since you talked about getting a flat screen, I assume you do... but where do you or hubby sit.  I only see the 1 chair. Maybe the rug and entertainment center should come after a cute couch or another chair...?  
----I don't like how the cat climbing thing (is that what that is next to the black chair) is right when you walk in the door.  I think it might be a better use of that big bookcase with the baskets to maybe create a barrier between your LR and your entryway?  Of course, once you get more baskets like you plan.
----I think there might be pictures hanging on the wall-- somewhere up there ---
pictures should be hung about 60" from the floor... I think yours arent being shown off to their full potential....
----I too rmember days of walkers/excosaucers and baby swings scattered about -- so I know that is just temporary..I think your room has a lot of potential... and I'm sorry if I might sound mean or harsh.. but I wanted to be helpful... I didint want to just be one of those people who says "oh, it looks good." ... not that I think anyone above has done that... just that I see that sometimes on CafeMom

psych_mom
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 1:10 PM

I love the floors- They're beautiful! Is there anyway that you can do a sofa instead of a love seat- you're only going to have seating for 3 people in your living room, so if you have more than one person over, where would everyone sit? I would lower the pics and maybe add a neutral colors to the other walls to not make the blue look so stark and some tables so that there is a place to put lamps and to set a drink. I would put the shelving unit where the entertainment center is and the tv along the wall that is farther into the living room.

Just my thoughts. I think that you have a good starting off point, it just needs to be taken up a notch.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)