Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

dd's room:project 3 (pic) piog

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:39 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 433 Total Views

Just finished up my third craft project for dd's new room: wooden block letters for her name. I didn't follow any instructions, just figured it out by looking at some pics from etsy. Its not perfect but i'm happy with it. When i do her room, i'll put them on either her dresser or on a floating shelf on the wall for decoration...

close up

i got a 4x4 from home depot and had them cut it down into blocks. (it made aLOT of blocks. but i wanted to have extra in case of mistakes and also to make more crafts with). anways, i painted them with acrylic paint, the same i used for her artwork i made and posted a while ago. I cut scrapbook paper and mod podged it to the wood. then i just stuck foam letters on it. i tried to mod podge them but it didnt look good so i just left them alone. then I hot glue the tulle (just knotted it first). Its from the tutu she wore on her 1st bday, i thought it would be special :).  I found butterfly stickers and put them on every other block, didn't want to over do it. her room will be birds and butterflies. so..yay, another project down! I dont know what project 4 will be yet, maybe i need to start doing things for baby #2's room, i just dont know what to do with it yet.

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
proudmom424
by Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:19 AM
Wow great job! That is very cute! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
o0laurie.love0o
by Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:37 AM

I love them! :)

mommy2xp
by Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:25 PM

Those are very cute!!!

mommymeek
by New Member on Feb. 10, 2011 at 11:16 AM

great job !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)