Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pls help with forest/woodland nursery

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:32 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 3736 Total Views

i've been so into redoing my dd's room that i have NO ideas for my soon to be son's nursery! we are doing forest/woodland theme, and its green and browns. i have a crib sheet and wall decals in this theme...

Carter's Tree Top - Carters  - Babies"R"Us

but i dont want to get the whole set. i think i'll just get the mobile too. i want to get some tree vinyl decals for an "accent wall" but other than that i'm stumped. what are some other things i can do? either diy or bought? pics would be wonderful! thanks in advance!

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mommy2xp
by Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:19 PM

Are you painting? You could do just green and browns in the lamp shade, blankets and those things. You could get pictures of trees or animals framed to hang on the wall.

Ladywithtwo
by Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:54 PM
I would skip the mobile if you are on a budget. They have to come down around 5 month old for safety. I got much more use out of those crib toys that attach to the bars, like the ones that look like an aquarium.
That's a cute set though :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
morethanme_you
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 8:13 PM

I have never had to take down our mobiles - they are good for limited visual stimulation and my kids always loved them. I love the idea of the tree decals. you could put hooks in the ceiling and make a "mobile" of sorts (not over the crib) using real tree branches) or cut branches just so to make letters and spell baby's name over the crib (you could paint the branches coordinating colors)

chipper87
by Member on Feb. 21, 2011 at 11:14 PM

baskets, paint, hooks, the tree decals, a rug, "real" looking stuffed animals, how about something like this:

http://familyfun.go.com/crafts/a-flock-of-baby-socks-673850/

or this:

or getting some of the smaller decals and putting them on clear canisters to hold baby items? 

Woodland Animals Bilingual Flash Cards

You could get some of those cards and frame them and hang them all around

get some of those small stumps like this and use them to grow green plants in them for fresh air in the babies room.

get a large tree stump like this one and use it as a side table

Natural Tree-Stump Side Table

or throw a pillow on top and have a foot stool

Bird houses hanging from the wall would be cute. 

You also need a bookcase of some sort as well.

I actually really love this theme btw. There are so many things you could do for really cheap. 

MawMawKelton
by New Member on Feb. 23, 2011 at 4:09 AM

Quoting chipper87:

baskets, paint, hooks, the tree decals, a rug, "real" looking stuffed animals, how about something like this:

http://familyfun.go.com/crafts/a-flock-of-baby-socks-673850/

or this:

or getting some of the smaller decals and putting them on clear canisters to hold baby items? 

Woodland Animals Bilingual Flash Cards

You could get some of those cards and frame them and hang them all around

get some of those small stumps like this and use them to grow green plants in them for fresh air in the babies room.

get a large tree stump like this one and use it as a side table

Natural Tree-Stump Side Table

or throw a pillow on top and have a foot stool

Bird houses hanging from the wall would be cute. 

You also need a bookcase of some sort as well.

I actually really love this theme btw. There are so many things you could do for really cheap. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)