Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what can i use?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:48 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 309 Total Views
To cover my kitchen chairs, the seat part? They r a cream color & I hate it I need sumthing that's durable & easy to clean! No plastic, I've had these for yrs & they really need to b redone! I've tried cleaning them but no luck! I thought about taking the seat off & just having wood & buying the tie on cushions that can b thrown in the washer but dh doesn't like that idea! Any suggestions? :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Crystallynn
by Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:55 PM

I bought fabric from Joanne's and redid our kitchen chairs.  Now they are a moss green with an ivy pattern.  I bought moleskin material and just scotchguarded them.  They can be washed with the furniture attachment of any carpet cleaner and I just scotchguard every couple of months.

mommy2xp
by Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:27 PM

My mom redid ours and used a canvas drop cloth, but she then put plastic over them so they lasted longer.

meme4x
by Member on Feb. 10, 2011 at 7:21 AM

You could choose a fabric of your liking (preferably something washable), put velcro around the edges, unscrew seats from chair, cover them with fabric, using the velcro to secure it, then when ready to wash, unscrew & detatch cover & wash.

bertie4
by Member on Feb. 10, 2011 at 7:55 AM

BUMP!

bnnsweet
by New Member on Feb. 10, 2011 at 8:46 AM

BUMP!

proudmom424
by Member on Feb. 10, 2011 at 4:43 PM
Great ideas I like the velcro lol seems simple enough! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheJerseyGirl
by Group Owner on Feb. 10, 2011 at 7:53 PM

I have to tell you that recovering chairs was something my mom showed me early on and it is so easy to do. Get yourself a staple gun and fabric and get to it!

I have leather chairs that have ripped and I'm on a hunt to find something else myself!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)