Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Front door color/

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2011 at 1:42 PM
  • 16 Replies
  • 2128 Total Views

We are painting our house this summer a sage green color.  The roof is tans. The windows are a light tan color.  there is is a brown brick along the front that only goes up to the bottom of the front windows.  The front door is a double door with full glass panels and parie style grills.  What color should I use for the front door?  Any suggestions.  My husband thinks the forest green is dated and does not really want that.

by on Mar. 22, 2011 at 1:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommaTAF
by on Mar. 22, 2011 at 4:29 PM

maybe a tan then?

maggie13
by Member on Mar. 22, 2011 at 6:00 PM

I am not sure what a good color would be but your door should stand out from the trim color. Have you tried Sherwin-Williams online? They have a tool that allows you to add photos of your house inside and out. Once you have added the photo and done the steps to highlight the areas, you can drag color to them to see how things look. It even gives you matching colors say if you look for sage it will give you two colors that compliment it. I used this to see what my kitchen would look like. I really like the tool.

My front door was a sage green and my trim is brown. The walls are stucco and are in a light tan color. I did something just to the door. I had it painted a red color.

Nothing has changed about the colors other than the door even though they look different...it is the lighting from what time I took the pictures. Full sun is hitting the area right now. I like the red door. It is not too bright or purplish in color. I was looking for a red with brown undertones.

JeanetteRene
by Member on Mar. 22, 2011 at 6:04 PM

Do you have a picture? Without seeing pic, I would go with black or a nice red, like the above post.

TheJerseyGirl
by Group Owner on Mar. 23, 2011 at 6:30 AM

A green or tan some shades darker than the siding or teim color would look nice but if you really want to be bold, I'd go with a reddish burgundy.

Minivanmom
by Member on Mar. 23, 2011 at 10:16 AM

I would go with the Tan color that is on your trim with the sage green accented in any crevices...I have a white house with maroon shutters...so my front door is maroon...

Sheila_Kaye
by Member on Mar. 23, 2011 at 12:56 PM

can you post a picture? I'm a very visual person so i would have to see a pic before i could give you my opinion

momof4treasures
by Member on Mar. 23, 2011 at 1:12 PM

I have not done the painting yet, it is a ranch house.  Do not have a picture yet.

Beth100
by Member on Mar. 23, 2011 at 9:02 PM

I think it should be a dark brown to pick up the bricks you spoke of.

TwinkleLites
by Member on Mar. 23, 2011 at 9:55 PM

Yellow.  I hear it's the welcoming color.  Apparently having a bright colored door is fashionable.  My house is creamy yellow, white trim and I plan on doing a mahogany color door to make it pop.  Shutters are sage green color.  Hopefully, it looks good.  If not, I'll just repaint.  The white however has to go!

TwinkleLites
by Member on Mar. 23, 2011 at 9:57 PM

I love the red door!  Very beautiful!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN