Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

small living room ideas?

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2012 at 2:57 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 683 Total Views

i swear i have the smallest living room there ever could be. im trying to think of ways to decorate it but im at a loss. i need to buy furniture etc still..... can i see some pics of how anyone else might have their super small living room set up? thanks :)

by on Jan. 27, 2012 at 2:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lady-t3984
by Member on Jan. 27, 2012 at 9:14 PM
I don't have any pictures on this tablet. But,my living room is very small. I have a sofa & loveseat. I have table and lamps.I have learned,less is best,. I am thinking about taking my loveseat out,and buy a wing back chair. I hope this help you a litttle.
tankgirl80
by New Member on Jan. 27, 2012 at 9:19 PM

thnx. yeah i am thinking for this room being so small, there wont be anything touching the floor but maybe a small couch and 2 chairs.one being a recliner and the other something smaller. i just have to find the right furniture. nothing to big and poofy.....

arabellelynn
by New Member on Jan. 28, 2012 at 11:27 AM
I don't have any pics but we have one of those weird tri-level houses with a living room and a family room.both are pretty small. We did a loveseat with a chaise lounge and a chair from IKEA, two round side tables i found on Walmarts website, and a small TV stand with the TV mounted on the wall. The room has really good lighting so we didn't need lamps or anything. A natural fiber rug, sheer curtains and art are the only other things in the room. Simple but it works for us :) I don't know if you are a fan of IKEA (i love the minimalist look and it's cheap!) but they have great space saving tips and small room ideas :) good luck!
"Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday. " Don Marquis
meme4x
by Member on Jan. 28, 2012 at 2:02 PM

lots of good tips here, also remember mirrors, make rooms appear larger & glass top tables will too. T.V on the wall is a good one, light colored furniture with pops of color in pillows & throws. Happy decorationg.

tankgirl80
by New Member on Jan. 28, 2012 at 5:10 PM

thnx. i like IKEA's stuff.maybe ill check their site again. we do have the flat screen wall mounted tv so that is a plus.

would still love to see some pics if anyone has any :)

Iiluzion
by Member on Jan. 29, 2012 at 10:11 AM
If you go under bhg.com they have awesome ideas and pics for small spaces.Remember to bright colors makes a room bigger. ;)
psych_mom
by on Jan. 29, 2012 at 10:15 AM

We are about to downsize from a super large living room to a small living room. If I get it all set up this week and our furniture actually works in the room I will share pictures if not... well I will be furniture shopping, lol.

MomTiara19
by Member on Jan. 29, 2012 at 6:03 PM

Quoting meme4x:

lots of good tips here, also remember mirrors, make rooms appear larger & glass top tables will too. T.V on the wall is a good one, light colored furniture with pops of color in pillows & throws. Happy decorationg.

Also using height and shapes to add interest and dimension.(furniture,lamps)

Shiney objects like brass and silver to reflect light.(vases)

Candles always have a way of giving a room charm and an inviting scent.

~Tia

chipper87
by Member on Feb. 6, 2012 at 4:24 PM
When I had a teeny tiny living room I learned that you can split up two chairs, you cannot split up a loveseat, so do a sofa and two chairs instead of sofa and loveseat. Also, do multipurpose pieces...aka storage ottomans that double as seating.
mirrors!!!!!! They should use the natural light in the room to make it feel bigger!
minimalist looks work well and try to not have much taking up floor space, the more you can substitute multipurpose pieces and get rid of big bulky pieces that only serve one purpose, the better!!! Also use bright colors as much as possible to make the room look brighter and less weighed down.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheJerseyGirl
by Group Owner on Feb. 7, 2012 at 7:54 PM

I may have you beat with mine!~

Its teeny tiny ...I have no pictures on this computer but mine has a couch and loveseat across from each other, a armoire on the one wall and a fireplace across from it. My end tables are actually my nightstands and they are huge with drawers for all the stuff I cant leave out. As long as your furniture isnt huge and you dont clutter it up, it wont seem so small. Just windows with simple valances to let light in...If you can, adding a large mirror on a wall across from any windows will reflect light and give the room the appearance of seeming bigger.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)