Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone have an office in their bedroom? Photos please if you don't mind

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 2:18 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 789 Total Views

I need help!!! I have a workshop outside of the house and I can't Work out there because that would leave the grandbabies in the house by themselves.  I can't wait til it gets warm enough to where they can play outside on the swing sets but in the meantime I need a place to spread out my work and be able to leave my laptop without having to worry about little fingers or mindless teenagers.  I normally spread out on the kitchen table but then after 4pm its dinner and for some stupid reason everyone wants to gravitate to the table. ????? I would like to be able to set up something in my bedroom.  Any ideas??????

by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 2:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lady-t3984
by Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 2:42 PM
Hello,I'm sorry I font have an office in my bedroom. But,I'm sure if you use a screen,it folding door to separate your bedroom/office it should look nice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheJerseyGirl
by Group Owner on Feb. 26, 2012 at 8:22 AM
1 mom liked this

I dont have one but do you have space for a little desk or armoire? Just carving oout a teeny space is better than nothing!

psych_mom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:36 AM

When I get mine set up I will share. This was my old space- it doubled as my night stand, but my new space won't.

It worked great for the space.

Tee1169
by New Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Thanks for sharing.  I'm still coming up with ideas.  I saw a tv table at Target for $32.00 ($31.42 actually) that would be perfect for my laptop and mouse and it breaks down so I can slid it under the bed or in my corner.  But I'd rather find the old school tv table at a yard sale for pennies -- $32.00 is crazy!!!!  So as soon as I get it together I'll send out a pic.  Thanks guys!!!! ya'll are the bestest!!!

Quoting psych_mom:

When I get mine set up I will share. This was my old space- it doubled as my night stand, but my new space won't.

It worked great for the space.

suziejax
by Group Admin on Mar. 23, 2012 at 10:08 PM

I do but sadly mine is not so pretty to look at lol 

Tee1169
by New Member on Mar. 24, 2012 at 11:53 AM

I betcha its better than the kitchen table. Between the grankids who are soooo eager to help with "your work" and the teenage son that wants to sit down and talk about his day and the spoiled rott that crawls up between you and the table for affection and the dear supportive husband that wants you to work so hard to bring home the bacon but your s*** is in the way of him eating his bacon -- arrrrggghhhh anything would be beautiful!!!!

Quoting suziejax:

I do but sadly mine is not so pretty to look at lol 

pinklove22
by Member on Mar. 31, 2012 at 12:50 AM

sorry no help good luck though figuring it out

Tee1169
by New Member on Apr. 2, 2012 at 8:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Good Morning Ladies,

My DH got me a desk this weekend!!!!  It's a 2-drawer lateral file 36"w it fits perfectly in the spare bedroom that we let our grandkids use (actually they NEVER used it besides to junk it up -- they always sleep with us....) anyhows its perfect and he's the greatest husband ever!!!!!  (mentally doing the happy dance right now ... shake shake shakedancing)  Thanks you guys for the ideas and posts!!  Will send a picture later but its Easter planning week #2 and I have to focus on that.

lady-t3984
by Member on Apr. 2, 2012 at 9:33 PM
My whole befroom is a touchdown for a hurricane. I had a computer desk,wall unit,too much. My daughters are taking charge now,and doing my bedroom over. I be glad when its done
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
the3Rs
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 9:42 AM

I have worked from home for 6 years (2 years part-time, 4 years full time).  Until last year I used a corner of my master bedroom as my home office - though now I have built an actual office :)  Anyway, here's what it looked like.

This is the bedroom part - the office is towards the bottom left corner out of sight of this pic:

This is where we put my desk.  It fit well in this corner - but now that it's been moved to my new home office, we have a huge corner to fill and nothing to fill it with!  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)