Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's in the Living Room, a Entertainment Center or TV Stand/ Console

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:42 PM
  • 22 Replies
  • 844 Total Views

In your Living Room, Family Room , or Basement. Please post a pic of it, and why did you choose one over the other

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
inmybizz
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:22 PM

we don't have a tv in our living room- we have a beautiful view so we don't want to ruin the atmosphere w/ a TV. I have a large picture over the mantel.

The TV in the guest area is in a wall unit we had built. The two large center door open up and slide into the cabinet. The other TV is in am armoire.

SamMom912
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:24 PM

I dont have a tv in LR either. Family room has one.. but at this point - its old..LOL.. Id love one mounted.. but I have to wait for this one to die. We have had it for 12 years or so... LOL...

I have shelves with videos flanking the sides with a long shelf across the top--like a mantel-
We have another tv in the playroom (thank goodness the Wii JUST got moved there the day before Easter). so I no longer have the games and play mat tucked under the tv stand. Wahoot!

the3Rs
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 6:17 AM

OK.  Here's our living room TV. It's a large entertainment center.  We chose it because we have a rather large living room, but only one true wall that you could put anything on - and since it's such a long wall, nothing else looked right.  I have better pics on a different computer, but this will have to do.

Found another view - from Fall

And here's our family room TV which is located in our finished basement.  It's an old and smaller entertainment center that we bought years and years ago for our old house that works well in this room now.  This TV isn't hooked up to anything, so it's only used for PlayStation 2 and watching movies for the kids.

tnlizard
by Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:17 AM

We don't have a TV in our living room either.  The one in the den is in one shelf of the double book case that is in there.  The TV in the bedroom is mounted on the wall.

Dylansmommy1017
by New Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Totally love this room. I love the blue.. I want to paint blue but I am scared to try it. It looks so comfy. Like you can prop your feet up.

Quoting SamMom912:

I dont have a tv in LR either. Family room has one.. but at this point - its old..LOL.. Id love one mounted.. but I have to wait for this one to die. We have had it for 12 years or so... LOL...

I have shelves with videos flanking the sides with a long shelf across the top--like a mantel-
We have another tv in the playroom (thank goodness the Wii JUST got moved there the day before Easter). so I no longer have the games and play mat tucked under the tv stand. Wahoot!

SamMom912
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Quoting Dylansmommy1017:

Totally love this room. I love the blue.. I want to paint blue but I am scared to try it. It looks so comfy. Like you can prop your feet up.

Quoting SamMom912:

Blue is Mount St Anne from Ben Moore. I love it too! The room USED to be gray & then I saw this blue in an acquaintances bathroom and fell in love!!! LOL. Thanks for the compliments.. and yes, all are welcome over to kick back and relax and put feet on the ottoman!!!!

cmeeso
by Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this

TV in living, to keep us from hiding out in our rooms!

gilbertgrl627
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 2:28 PM

In our family room, we have this old chest thing (I think DH's great-grandfather built it). It has 2 drawers and the top lifts up. That's what our TV/DVD player is on. I'll have to get a picture of it later (apparently, out of all the pictures I have on the computer, there are NONE of the family room). lol.

1LovelyAngel
by Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Quoting gilbertgrl627:

In our family room, we have this old chest thing (I think DH's great-grandfather built it). It has 2 drawers and the top lifts up. That's what our TV/DVD player is on. I'll have to get a picture of it later (apparently, out of all the pictures I have on the computer, there are NONE of the family room). lol.

ok, can't wait to see it, especially since GF made it , which makes it better

dietsunkist
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this

This entertainment center was made for a smaller tv but we added shelves inside and on the right side we will have all of our gaming systems. We have a house with no extra storage space so we add storage every chance we get
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)