Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

red/ gray/ black/white bedroom ideas help please

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 11:28 AM
  • 11 Replies
  • 1858 Total Views

ok  my son is 13 time to do his room over my idea is to get blk futon/ bunk.. and I want to d o the walls in dark grey and red there is a chair railing around middle of  wall , the theme is going to be music  which is not the hard part.. I hate picking colors they never seem to match the swatch and should I do the walls with chair railing dark gray and then the one wall without  maybe red?  any pics please? 

by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 11:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lady-t3984
by Member on Jun. 5, 2012 at 6:09 PM
This sounds really nice. I would think one wall painted red would look real cool. Also,try looking in Sears,Penneys,and Target catologs. I've gotten a lot of ideas from catologs. Don't forget your son input.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
underHISwing
by Member on Jun. 5, 2012 at 7:12 PM

underHISwing
by Member on Jun. 5, 2012 at 7:33 PM

^^^ just for inspiration... Obviously I don't expect you to put your 13 year old in a  crib ;)

misspixie67
by Member on Jun. 6, 2012 at 7:04 AM

Oh my!! that is the cutest thing ever!!  and I love the old vinyl records above window.. I thought of making some sort of mobile with them!! I picked out paint swatches yesterday  I will share progress later  I'm excited

inmybizz
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 9:46 AM
3 moms liked this

all the colors you mentioned w a little blue..  :)

the3Rs
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 8:44 PM

I have pics but not on this computer - will try to upload later.  My oldest son has two light gray and two dark gray walls.  We tried red accents on the walls, but weren't thrilled with it.  So, we accented with other stuff - red curtains, black/gray/red comforter, red/grey jumbo pillow, etc.  It's pretty cool!

the3Rs
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this

I forgot to come back to this post, and while my pictures aren't professional and 'uber-cool' like the ones above, I thought I'd show you my 12 year old son's room anyway.  We re-did it when he turned 10...and it still needs some work...

The bed and dresser walls are light silver.  The window and closet walls are dark silver.  Red accent are the curtains, the under bed curtain (which always falls down), and we *tried* red corners but it looked bad - I just noticed we didn't take all of them down for the pictures, LOL.

pinklove22
by Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 2:35 PM
i would do an accent wall in the red and the other walls in gray but some of these girls pics are so cute
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rockermom72
by New Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 6:12 PM

My husband owns a painting company Maverick Painting. Here's a pic of a gray/black bedroom they did 

I don't recommend painting your walls red. It takes at least 3 coats and never turns out the way you want. Stick with black and gray and accessorize with red items or bedding.

misspixie67
by Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Quoting pinklove22:

i would do an accent wall in the red and the other walls in gray but some of these girls pics are so cute

Thats what I'm doing.. the wall where his dresser and Tv sre going will be the red  wall, I have the paint picked out from lowes its called bubble gum red and the dark grey I beleive is called man cave.. gonna take me awhile but I'll hang on to this post and do before and after pics..its currently lite blue with orange trim and so ugly LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)