Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

color questions

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 3:36 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 349 Total Views
So I'm wanting to paint my living room and need a little help all my frames are a gold rustic color and I want a paint color that go well with gold any help
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 3:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
TheJerseyGirl
by Group Owner on Aug. 20, 2012 at 5:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Just about any color will go well with your frames...I like to get a few paint swatches and set them next to things in the room just to see if I like the color with all the surroundings. Its a good place to start!

psych_mom
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 6:58 AM
What are your favorite colors? What is your decorating style? Do you prefer neutral or do you like to make a statement with your rooms?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tnlizard
by Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 9:13 AM

You could paint your frames a different color also...I've done it before with pretty good success.   I went from gold frames (bright)  to a oil-rubbed bronze  (dark) frame.

angevil53
by Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 12:40 PM
1 mom liked this

purple is on the other side of gold so they go well together, i also like a sage green with gold but i don't think gold will look bad as long as you don't paint the room gold.

decor42
by Head Admin on Aug. 23, 2012 at 6:28 AM

Do you have a favorite color, one that you may use more than another in your adjoining rooms? Is there a area rug in the room? What color is the furniture? I think that most any color including a deep gold would work.  You dont want to match your color with the frames, rather coordinate with them.  Are you displaying family photos, pre bought artwork or a combination? What color is the most common among them? As said by another member, the frames can easily be painted.  I have used regular craft paint along with Old English to age them as well as provide a barrier for cleaning solutions.

sokolowski
by Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 6:41 PM
I have lots of photos I'm making a family wall

Quoting decor42:

Do you have a favorite color, one that you may use more than another in your adjoining rooms? Is there a area rug in the room? What color is the furniture? I think that most any color including a deep gold would work.  You dont want to match your color with the frames, rather coordinate with them.  Are you displaying family photos, pre bought artwork or a combination? What color is the most common among them? As said by another member, the frames can easily be painted.  I have used regular craft paint along with Old English to age them as well as provide a barrier for cleaning solutions.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)