Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need some ideas with my space

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 8:46 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 431 Total Views
Hello... So I have been racking my brain for the last couple of days on how to get a mud room area in my house. We live in Wisconsin and have four kids so when winter comes usually our bathtub is full of wet snow pants, jackets, gloves and boots. We have a small entryway and it leads right down to the basement and the kids bedrooms , there isn't enough room for all the wet stuff on the landing.
Layout of the house is you come in to the landing from the deck. You either step up to the dining room/ kitchen or go down to he basement.
Thought about putting two cupboards in the dining room with a couple of shoe pans filled with rocks but afraid I won't have much of a dining room left and we spend a great deal of time in that area because of eating and getting ready for school and the dreadful homework. Lol
Then I thought about putting the "mud room" in the hall closet . Take the doors off and put some kind of tray down with rocks to catch all the dripping water. But the only issue with that is I have to move my office out of that closet to somewhere else. So then thought move my home office into the dining room area and everything else from the mudroom closet in the closet I just removed the home office. But I need some ideas for a home office in my space. Sorry if confusing! I will post pics.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 8:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Kel317
by Member on Aug. 27, 2012 at 9:22 AM

Closet that has office now that would hold everything from mushroom closet
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kel317
by Member on Aug. 27, 2012 at 9:23 AM

Dining room
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kel317
by Member on Aug. 27, 2012 at 9:24 AM

Dining room where thought about putting two cupboards and a rod. For wet clothes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kel317
by Member on Aug. 27, 2012 at 9:24 AM
Or office. Need ideas??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kel317
by Member on Aug. 27, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Another view of dining room.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kel317
by Member on Aug. 27, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Closet for mudroom?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Noahs
by New Member on Sep. 6, 2012 at 12:05 AM
Is it possible to put office in the basement? Definetly keep it away from the dining room, especially if you use it as much as you do. Sounds like the easiest and best place for the mud room would be the closet.
QuiltLover
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2012 at 9:41 AM

I would use the closet for the "mud/wet room" and I would buy an office amoire that closes up for my home office area. The only thing you would need to do is to decide what room to locate the office amoire..They are true space savers and have tons of room, then you close up the door, lock it, and noone can see nor touch your stuff.

blondepegasus
by Member on Sep. 7, 2012 at 11:09 PM
So there are two closets to choose from? An office closet and the last one shown? If so, I would leave the office where it is and convert the other closet into a mudroom. You are very lucky to have that double closet to work with. I would consider laying a strip of vinyl or linoleum on the floor of the closet to waterproof it. Then it should just be a matter of adding hooks, shelves, rods, hangers, etc. To personalize it for your family's needs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)