Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Exciting weekend ahead!! update with progress pics!

Posted by   + Show Post

Our town has a massive festival every year. Most of our friends go and look forward to it every year. I find half a million new people pouring into town a claustrophobic and annoying experience. We are hell bent on avoiding it. We are finishing out basement master bedroom instead. (walkout basement) We went to lowes today and picked out flooring, primer, paint, wall board for the closet, closet shelves and all that. Tomorrow morning dh will pick it all up and I will go grocery shopping for the week. Then home to put ds down for a nap and make lunch while dh unloads it all and off we go.

I am going to put the finish touches on the drywall mud and sand a little after it dries, prime and paint the walls while dh watches ds. Then dh will do up the closet and put in the flooring. We should be done with all that by Monday. Then next weekend we will be cleaning it all and moving our stuff in. Then we will move our second and third dd into our old room and our oldest dd will have her own room. We will also paint and set up ds room. He is 6 months and currently doesn't have a bedroom so this will be nice! So exciting! I've been waiting for 2 freaking years to get this room finished up!

The floor with be amber oak laminate and the walls will be 'pine needle' green. It's not that dark and looks kind of vintage. I wanted a muted grey blue but dh wanted green. Since our old bedroom is blue he gets green. It's pretty and makes the flooring pop so it will be good. I'll get some nice creamy curtains and a cream bedspread.

Update! 

so here is how it looked when we started this weekend, well actually after me mudding and sanding and dh coming in and sweeping all the dust up =)

and here is a pic of after I primed the whole room and painted the ceiling and walls.  what a shock! oh and there is dh's first 2 planks of flooring he put in before he remembered the underlayment.

we have a door!   well 2 doors really, this is the door to the big bathroom and walk in closet. 

see the dangling light?  I loved it when I saw it and loved it when dh put it in, UNTIL I saw that he installed it crooked and it cannot be straighted.  it is about a quarter inch askew and will bother me for all eternity! =)

and there is me testing out a curtain.  I took it back to the store.  It was so lovely but when the sun shone throught it it looked like it had ugly brown horizontal stripes.  Nope.    I am putting in some very lovely ivory satin look curtains that have a hint of shimmer.  And a lacy ivory sheer in the center.  I am now in the process of picking stain for the trim.  I bought gunstock by minwax but it is too red I think.  I am going to have to return it for a less red shade of something.  We are moving in this weekend as well as moving 4 kids stuff to different rooms.  Pray for my sanity! 

Everyone who supported slavery was free.  Everyone who supports abortion was born.  That, my friends, is how oppression works.  -Anonymous

by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 11:58 AM
Replies (11-20):
norahsmommy
by Member on Sep. 3, 2012 at 4:48 PM
Also sorry there are no pics yet! Dh has been hogging the computer :).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
norahsmommy
by Member on Sep. 6, 2012 at 9:34 PM

bumpity!

norahsmommy
by Member on Sep. 7, 2012 at 11:26 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blondepegasus
by Member on Sep. 7, 2012 at 10:48 PM
Wow! It's looking great! I don't usually like green paint but that is very attractive!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
psych_mom
by Member on Sep. 8, 2012 at 6:39 AM
Very pretty.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
norahsmommy
by Member on Sep. 8, 2012 at 8:04 AM
Thanks!

Quoting psych_mom:

Very pretty.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
norahsmommy
by Member on Sep. 8, 2012 at 8:06 AM
Thanks! Dh really wanted green in there. It took a while to get used to it :). We are in the process of moving in now. Its not going to be 100% done before we move in. We still have to do the trim and put shelves in the closet.

Quoting blondepegasus:

Wow! It's looking great! I don't usually like green paint but that is very attractive!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2NandJ
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 10:14 AM
I like the green. I've done the boys and master bath in that color and added some dark metal accents I got from Ross. I love Ross for inexpensive home decorations. Post some after Picts when you get a chance I'd love to see how it turned out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyintraining
by New Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 8:05 AM

I think once you put it all together w/ the lighter curtains and bedspread, it will brighten things up a bit....I do really like the color and you could always paint the bottom half of the walls, cream or lighter shade is it ends up still looking too dark. also choose light wood for furniture if not white....that should also help. cant wait to see the end results!

Sewsofun
by New Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 11:27 AM

When you're done make sure to update!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)