Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

please help

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 1:28 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 439 Total Views
so we will soon be moving into our very first home its a two bedroom one bath which rite now is all we need. the house is really cute not to mention the new roof and AC unit installed. my only real problem is the kitchen has basically no where to have a table, and the wood panel walls I'm trying to go the cheapest route so any help with that?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 1:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
tnlizard
by Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 1:41 PM

My inlaws had wood paneling in their dinning room...They painted it.  The light paint really brightened things up.    Congrats on the purchase of your new home!

sokolowski
by Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 6:48 PM
thank you any ideas on a table?

Quoting tnlizard:

My inlaws had wood paneling in their dinning room...They painted it.  The light paint really brightened things up.    Congrats on the purchase of your new home!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
teatyme4us
by New Member on Sep. 6, 2012 at 8:44 AM

What about a breakfast bar? A long board held up by brackets. Add in a few stools. I've seen this done with the ability to fold the bar down as well so that it is flush with the wall.  

tnlizard
by Member on Sep. 6, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Or maybe a real small drop leaf table?  or a round like a ice cream table? 

The bar idea up above is a cute idea!

MommaTAF
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 9:32 PM

I agree with the bar idea or a small 2 person table. I too have friends that have wood paneling and just painted it white, it looked MUCH better!

I_Am_Woman
by New Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Is there dry wall behind the paneling? If so, I would take the paneling out and. slap a coat of paint on the walls.

If your kitchen has a blank wall, maybe take out the wall from celing to bar height and put a countertop in.

lexysmommi
by Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 4:39 PM
I agree with painting the panneling. I would go with a small round table or breakfast bar as well. A picture could help with the kitchen if u could get ahold of one. .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)