Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Decorating with....sticks!

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 11:12 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 618 Total Views
1 mom liked this

For some reason, I love decorating with sticks. Besides being free (or really cheap), I like the way they look. Idk, maybe I'm just strange;) Here are some pics of my stick "bouquets".

Kitchen table

Living room

Bamboo that washed up on the beach...

Fireplace Mantle

Last one...master bath

by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 11:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
psych_mom
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 6:37 AM
I'm not a huge fan of this trend.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tnlizard
by Member on Sep. 8, 2012 at 8:57 AM

I too like sticks, and especially at this time of year.

I love your fireplace mantel vase!

We have a florist design shop in town that the guy always puts sticks in his design...You can be anywhere....and see a design with sticks in them a certain way...and you know that Sammy designed that one...you can peak..and sure enough.    They have become his signature.

shmily13
by New Member on Sep. 8, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Good to know I'm not the only one:) 

I found the vase on the mantle buried under a bunch of stuff at this antique village by my house. It's one of my favorite pieces, and better yet, it was only $10...

Quoting tnlizard:

I too like sticks, and especially at this time of year.

I love your fireplace mantel vase!

We have a florist design shop in town that the guy always puts sticks in his design...You can be anywhere....and see a design with sticks in them a certain way...and you know that Sammy designed that one...you can peak..and sure enough.    They have become his signature.

Mom2NandJ
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 10:08 AM
I like sticks too for some reason.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CJsMommy622
by Member on Sep. 8, 2012 at 6:20 PM
I tried sticks once. Unfortunately my children saw it as a great big weapon party lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shmily13
by New Member on Sep. 8, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Haha, my kids have tried that a couple of times too.

Quoting CJsMommy622:

I tried sticks once. Unfortunately my children saw it as a great big weapon party lol.

decor42
by Head Admin on Sep. 12, 2012 at 6:57 AM

LOVE this look. So natual. You can add battery operated lights to the base and  wrap the lights arond the twigs  Another options to add a few berry/floral pics or hot glue some colored bead or smaller scaled X-mas bulbs to them.  I love this time of year when I can walk through the woods or fields and radomly pick some naturally dried florals, twigs or cat tails to add to a bouquet of twigs. High end stores charge alot for this type of arrangement. Allthough I love flowers these type of arrangements cost a fraction of the florists prices and they last longer than flowers.

Professional interior decorator and organizer.

welcome to cafemom

autismom
by Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 8:03 AM

Simple and natural and best of all cheap! Love it. I have an arrangement in my family room.

WesleysMom23
by Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 8:41 AM
I like them all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shmily13
by New Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Thanks ladies! I like to hang small red Christmas balls on some or the sticks around Christmas time. The lights idea would be cute too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN