Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

first home

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 8:47 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 522 Total Views
1 mom liked this
I move into my own home in about two weeks and I just wanted your opinions on the must have things to buy for a new home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 8:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Mom2NandJ
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 8:35 AM
I'd love to help but we moved in 18 years ago and I can't remember. Congrats on your house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IntelectualDitz
by New Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 12:27 PM
Congrats. A simple tool box is a good place to start. You'll need it to make the house your place. Hanging pictures to window treatments and the little repairs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaTAF
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 9:30 PM

A tool box is a good idea. What do you already have??

sokolowski
by Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:02 AM
Not much of small thing i have beds dressers things like that

Quoting MommaTAF:

A tool box is a good idea. What do you already have??

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lexysmommi
by Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 4:48 PM
Um, tool box (that was a great idea), curtains, I would check the filter on ur furnace/ac. , a rake if u live some where that u r going to need to take up leaves, a lawn mower, let me think and ill come back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EDDES
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Candles, Candles Holders, Diffusers, Some Nice Floral Vases to Put Flowers in whether freshly cut flowers or artificial silk flowers arranged tastefully and color-coordinated, they look great throughout your home if you find a good spot for them on a table somewhere as a centerpiece or on a side table; they really give the room a nice feminine touch! bunch of roses

80s bluei love being here; thank you for spending time with me and sharing your thoughts. 

SamMom912
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Couch, dining room table? 

My bff told me the first thing i needed was a bedroom set. She said if i didnt get it first, it would always be on the bck burner and she was right! Lol... I didnt get a bedroom set til 4 years in my house! 

GOBryan
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:36 PM
1 mom liked this

The must haves really depends on your family's individual needs. I'd say take pictures and post them so we can see what you have and what you may need. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)