Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

kitchen

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 12:27 AM
  • 12 Replies
  • 512 Total Views
do you have a color scheme in your kitchen
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 12:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2NandJ
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 8:33 AM
Yes. French blue with yellow and white accents.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IntelectualDitz
by New Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 8:49 AM
White cabinets, primary red walls and blue back splash. We did the floors with a charcoal tiles.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
decor42
by Head Admin on Sep. 12, 2012 at 6:33 AM

Goldenrod walls, Tuscan artwork and pottery. Dark cupboards terrazo look 18"x18" floor tiles, soon to be changed and neutral canvas laminate on counters.  Nothing fancy but clean and paid for.

autismom
by Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 8:00 AM

I just redid my kitchen and I'm trying to come up with a neutral wall color that will not look to blah and blend in w the maple cabinets. Interested to see what other suggestions come for you.

newbie1198
by New Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 1:59 PM
ivy paneling on top with oak wainscoating on bottom
decor42
by Head Admin on Sep. 13, 2012 at 2:40 PM

You could pull a color from your window treatments or wall art. I love my LR color not sure of the name any more but it matches almost perfectly with the almond colored wall sockets and covers.  I am going to repaint this fall and I will be using the same color as it easily allows me to change my every day and holiday decor without ever taking center stage.  I have gotten away from the brightly colored walls and use more colorful accessories and upholstered items instead.

Quoting autismom:

I just redid my kitchen and I'm trying to come up with a neutral wall color that will not look to blah and blend in w the maple cabinets. Interested to see what other suggestions come for you.

Professional interior decorator and organizer.

welcome to cafemom

autismom
by Member on Sep. 15, 2012 at 11:02 AM

I'm  not even sure what treatment I will have up on my sliding doors and window on side door. Don't have a window in the kitchen and you can see my kitchen from foyer/living room/ and dining room which are tan, gold, and red. So, I figure a neutral color close to the tan in the foyer would help tone down all the color I've got going on in those rooms.

Quoting decor42:

You could pull a color from your window treatments or wall art. I love my LR color not sure of the name any more but it matches almost perfectly with the almond colored wall sockets and covers.  I am going to repaint this fall and I will be using the same color as it easily allows me to change my every day and holiday decor without ever taking center stage.  I have gotten away from the brightly colored walls and use more colorful accessories and upholstered items instead.

Quoting autismom:

autismom
by Member on Sep. 15, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Quoting sokolowski:

Do you have anything in mind? What are your cabinets and counter like? What are you working with? Maybe we can come up w some more specific suggestions for you.

sokolowski
by Member on Sep. 15, 2012 at 9:29 PM
My cabinets and counters are white its a blank slate...this is my first home so i have nothing either but sense i have made this post i came what up with my color sheme...its going to be orange and aqua

Quoting autismom:

Quoting sokolowski:

Do you have anything in mind? What are your cabinets and counter like? What are you working with? Maybe we can come up w some more specific suggestions for you.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
autismom
by Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 7:46 AM

Wow that's different! Sounds great! Pls share pics when you are done!!

Quoting sokolowski:

My cabinets and counters are white its a blank slate...this is my first home so i have nothing either but sense i have made this post i came what up with my color sheme...its going to be orange and aqua

Quoting autismom:

Quoting sokolowski:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN