Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Holiday decorating

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 7:06 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 497 Total Views

Is it just me or are you ladies excited about decorating for ---- Christmas??? I lOVE the smell,, colors and excitement of this time of year and decorate my home with enthusiam.  This is a tradition that I have carried on with my kids and they do the same in their homes.Typically I decorate for the fall in a manner using alot of greenery where I can add to it and change out some of the items to lean me towards my X-mas decorating. Last year I took 2 months to decorate the inside and nearly a month on the outside.  If I were to have my way I would leave it up year round.  The kids and grand kids love it. I have been after my husband for a couple of weeks now to get my boxes of goodies down from the garage rafters.

Professional interior decorator and organizer.

welcome to cafemom

by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 7:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
autismom
by Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 7:54 AM

I love putting up my Christmas trees but I am also looking forward to fall decorating first. It's kind of the warm up for Christmas for me.

Each year I tell myself I will keep it simple (b/c I'm all alone in the setting up and dismantling process) but once I get going it's hard to stop and I have so many pretty things I've collected over the years it's hard to keep them boxed up all season.

tnlizard
by Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 1:21 PM

I've started decorating for Fall...it is exciting this year....I have a different house to decorate, so part of the fun is deciding what goes where.   I can't wait for Christmas...I'm putting up multiple trees this year.   (I think)   I'm still planning Christmas decorating.

decor42
by Head Admin on Sep. 12, 2012 at 9:49 PM

I will be putting up 3-4 trees this year.  All are artificial with the largest being about 7'and prelit. I have 2 four footers and 2 three footers and would like to use them all but not sure if I will have the room in the house.  Possibly one outside at each entry.  I have a huge snowman collection but one little gingerbread man last year escalated into about 20. I will be doing my den in the gingerbread, one of the 4 footers in traditional red and green, possibly a 3 footer in purple, gold and copper.  The larger tree is going to be done in soft shades of blue, silver and white with crystal teardrops.  I used this combination last year and received many compliments on it. I havent put alot of my fall decor out other than some greenery and garlands with a few berry picks and gourds. I also have my DR table decorated with fall themed dishes and a topiary centerpiece with a variety of leaves, gourds and pine cones. Typically I dress up my hutch but I do not think I am going to this year. tnlizard, how exciting to be decorating a new home. Please be sure to share some of your decorating photos. autismom, I always say I am going to keep it simple but it never turns out that way.  I did so much more last year than what I had planned but what I have so long dreamed of. My front porch railing had mixed live greenery garland that I hand wrapped along with huge poinsettias and ribbons.  I did the same treatment around my window but added in a few colorful bulbs. For the first time in my life I hung white icicle lights from my front porch over hang.  I decorated my old park bench with a throw and pillow and used a fireplace screen and artificial electric logs to add to the warmth. I hung a huge wreath on the porch and one on the front of the house between the two lower windows.  Definitely more outside decorating than I have done in the past.  Looking forward to getting started.

babynurse454
by New Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 9:56 PM
We have every imaginable inflatable outside decorations, from a 8ft tall merry go round that lights up and goes around, playing xmas music. .we have a nativity scene. .santa& reindeer, giant snowman, 3 other's ( can't remember what they are) I put the lighted ice on our tree branches. I love decorating to! My inside is totally insane lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
decor42
by Head Admin on Sep. 12, 2012 at 10:01 PM

A childs wonderland.  My older sons have thier own versions of decorating for the seasons.  I remember we had our tree in the DR corner instead of in the LR.  When my son and his family walked in he asked me why I had changed things around.  My answer was to do something a little different.  He stated he was not going to open presents in the DR so we went into the LR and opened them where we traditionally would ,but had no tree.

MommaTAF
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 9:29 PM

I LOVE decorating for fall which leads into Halloween then my FAV holiday Christmas!!

I love trying out new ideas. Last year I took a real thin invisible string and hung pretty ornaments from my light in the DR. It turned out super cute. I am not sure what new idea I will do this year. I am hoping to have the basement done so I can decorate down there too. Though I have been dreaming of this for years and it is still not done!

Idntreallycare
by Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:33 AM
I'm more excited about fall/Halloween.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lexysmommi
by Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 4:42 PM
I don't have much for fall. :( I need to clearance shop this year. However, I have a bunch of Christmas stuff and I love love love it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elijahsmama09
by Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 10:26 AM
I LOOOOOVE decorating for the holidays. I think Halloween is my favorite to decorate for. I just love the macrbe and drama of Halloween. I collect Christmas villages. I love them. I also love gingerbread houses. I have a whole gingerbread village. Its adorable.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)