Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anybody else live in a tiny house? *update*

Posted by   + Show Post

I only have 960 sq feet.  I've come to discover that decorating a tiny house is completely different than a huge one so if I'm the only one here I will just leave.  I'm tired of being told "oh, just move it to a different room" when there are no more rooms to move it to.  No garage or basement either.  My living room has to double as our homeschool room because there is no other choice.  My chinchilla and my son's gecko have to stay in the living room because there are no other options.  It's just life in a small house and it's hard to find others who can understand that.

Anybody with me?  We are a family of 4 and have a bunch of pets.

See..

my son's room...

We built his bed in.  You can see the bottom of it in the top of the picture.  It's tall enough to walk under and you can actually stand on top of it because our ceiling is so high here.

My living room is a mess right now

That big desk on the left is going to my SIL.  I love it but I just don't have the space for it

Like I said, a mess.  I've been scrubbing the kitchen floor all day.  I just don't have a laundry room.  I don't have a playroom.  We only have 1 bathroom.  My daughter sleeps in the loft and we have to walk through her room to get to ours.  We don't have a garage or a basement.

My living room is the room that really bothers me but I will have to get the desk out and take pictures of it actually clean before I can even hope to ask for help with it.  I just want to know if it's worth my time :(

*update*

I've been working on my living room all day.  It's still not clean but it's rearranged!

Our school area is now in the recessed areas of the living room

the living room area is seperate from the entry way and school area.  It's still a mess though :(

the entry way is the worst mess.  The window is going to be replaced by a door (so we will actually have a front door!).  The only thing over here that is staying is the chinchilla cage.

et

another view of where the door will be and the stuff that needs to find a new home.

Is it any better?

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:50 PM
Replies (21-26):
TheJerseyGirl
by Group Owner on Oct. 29, 2012 at 8:50 AM

Love that color!  Do you remember the name and brand?

Quoting norahsmommy:

This is my sons room. We will get him a loft bed when he is older.

Myspace Comments

TheJerseyGirl
by Group Owner on Oct. 29, 2012 at 8:52 AM

Dont forget Craigslist...many give things away or charge very little! 

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

A cabinet has been in the plans since we first did this but we have to have the money first.

Quoting suziejax:

Yes a cabinet would be awesome. Because its actually a visual trick to have doors on it so you don't see all the "stuff" seeing to many books & cds etc even if organized , stuff makes a room seem even smaller, I will have to get some batteries and show you some cabinets that I hide stuff in lol and my house if I had no doors on it this house would look so messy but since I have doors it looks more put together. 

And yes the room divider will keep school , living room living room. 

Try ebay ( choose free shipping on the side bar and see what comes up!) 

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

I want to replace the bookshelf with a large cabinet I can close the doors on. A room divider would be nice in front of the desk. Thanks :)

Quoting suziejax:

Have u thought about a room divider for the school area? Great job!

Myspace Comments

norahsmommy
by Member on Oct. 29, 2012 at 9:48 AM
Valspar 'pine needle'. We did our bedroom in it and had a little extra so I did ds room as well.

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

Quoting norahsmommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheJerseyGirl
by Group Owner on Oct. 29, 2012 at 3:58 PM
Thank you! It's the perfect green for my sons room! I'm excited!

Quoting norahsmommy:

Valspar 'pine needle'. We did our bedroom in it and had a little extra so I did ds room as well.

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

Quoting norahsmommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaTAF
by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 8:10 PM

It does look better!!! Good Job!

BeachLifeMama
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:54 PM
It may be a small house but I like it. Your house seem cozy. I would get rid of the desk too to have more space. I live in the apartment, so I know the feeling not having enough space. I was just cleaning and have a lot of stuff to donate cause I have no space for it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)