Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

unwanted dresser into entertainment center <3 it!

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:05 PM
  • 33 Replies
  • 1308 Total Views
4 moms liked this

my dh said i had to use the black bc it would be too much blue. but i ended up really liking the black paint. it makes those blue drawers pop. we are pairing it with blue/brown/tans. i also have a deep brown leather couch and black leather chair and a tan microfiber sofa. with the curtains it really brings it all together. i am making some pillows (when i get around to it). we just moved into our new house and i'm loving doing things for it. i can't wait to redo the kitchen cabinets. i want to bring them from blonde maple to espresso brown.

by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
I_Am_Woman
by New Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:42 PM

You did good. I like that.

tnlizard
by Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 10:49 AM

I like that....good job!

Dylansmommy1017
by New Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 1:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Love it. I have been wanting to change out our tv hutch thingy to something else. You have given me an idea. Thank you.

psych_mom
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 4:24 PM
I really like that. We're looking for something similar to use as a console table.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pinklove22
by Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 8:49 PM
Wow that looks great
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
adadmb6
by New Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 8:53 PM
I really like it u did a great job
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RobinMarie
by Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 9:30 PM

What a great idea! It looks awesome!

CjEmmemommy
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 9:32 PM
I love that dresser, would have done more of a blue dry brush finish with stain for antique look.
I need to find some old dressers to redo for my kid kids!!!
blondepegasus
by Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 11:19 PM
When you set out to do your kitchen cabinets, take a look at that new product on the market...I think it's called transformations. I watched a tutorial on it and it seems neat. I think the major difference between it and paint is that you don't have to sand at all with this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
decor42
by Head Admin on Oct. 17, 2012 at 6:21 AM

The transformation kits are fantastic but you do have to prep/sand for best adhesion. As advertised an average kitchen can be completed in a weekend.  Again, the prepping is key so give yourself another day or two. Keep in mind that these kits only cover a small area so be sure to measure and purchase the correct number of kits needed.  There are many tutorials on painting cabinets.  Prepping such as cleaning and sanding are important.  You could use a good adhesion primer such as Kilz or BIN and a quality paint with a glaze overlay, solid or drybrushed  for a similar look to the transformation kits for a considerable amount less.

Quoting blondepegasus:

When you set out to do your kitchen cabinets, take a look at that new product on the market...I think it's called transformations. I watched a tutorial on it and it seems neat. I think the major difference between it and paint is that you don't have to sand at all with this.

Professional interior decorator and organizer.

welcome to cafemom

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN