Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Undecided ...

Posted by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 10:04 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 573 Total Views

Poll

Question: Which would you decide on?

Options:

Remodeled Bedroom

New Kitchen Appliances and Flooring

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 23

View Results

Recently my husband asked me if i could change a part of our house which would I choose. Not knowing how serious he was, Isaid expand our bedroom to be a REAL Master bedroom (we live in an older historic home built in 1928.  The bedrooms were not that big inthose days at... I guess everyone was tiny back then. ) So, then he has a contractor come over!  I was like wow!  HE WAS SERIOUS...He said Baby I love you and you desrerve a nice room so you can kick back  ok so , now I am torn because if we are really going to pay for that kind of work, I would also or rather get new appliances and a new floor for our kitchen.  However our bedroom is a place where we can retreat.  I NEED and WANT a dishwasher too!  UGH decisions decisions...what would you do...

by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 10:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
QuiltLover
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2012 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this
If you are a person that spends a lot of time in the kitchen, then I would put my money there first...you can always work on your bedroom with suttle little changes to make it more comfy, cozy, or exotic..but the kitchen....you can only do so much to change that...I vote for the kitchen
JessicaEOH
by New Member on Oct. 26, 2012 at 9:19 AM
I vote for kitchen, too! All we do is sleep in our bedroom! Most of our time is spent in the kitchen!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
flutterbybem
by New Member on Oct. 26, 2012 at 9:21 AM

See the thing is, If we can expand our bedroom we can have more room for a workout area.  And we both need to get healthy.  But them I am like the new kitchen items will make it more efficient.

shoucate
by New Member on Oct. 27, 2012 at 8:13 AM
Do the bedroom.....at some point you will have no choice but to replace the appliances and flooring...the u will have both.
suziejax
by Group Admin on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:55 AM
Bedroom, you will be glad you did
flutterbybem
by New Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 7:47 PM
Bump
somuchlove4U
by Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 7:53 PM
I would go for the bedroom then the kitchen.
CJsMommy622
by Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 8:52 PM
Bedroom. You can replace appliances one by one! Check out sears outlets for good prices. We also bought a brand new bottom freezer black refrigerator for $600 at best buy because it had a small ding in the side that wasn't even noticeable! It was originally a $1400 fridge so we made out nicely. Our old one stopped working so we had no choice but to go buy one =)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheJerseyGirl
by Group Owner on Oct. 29, 2012 at 8:49 AM

Kitchen definately!

angevil53
by Member on Oct. 29, 2012 at 3:39 PM

for me it would the kitchen all the way. if there's something off about a kitchen i hate to cook in it. a bedroom isn't a big deal to me as long as it's clean and the bed is made. all i ever do in there is sleep anyhow. that's just what i would do though. i lived without a dishwasher for over a year and wont do that again. our new house we wrote in a new dishwasher and oven so those two things are brand new and the fridge was the old one that stayed with the house. we'll upgrade when necessary but it's far bigger than the apt sized one in our old place.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)