Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have room for a big Christmas tree?

Posted by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 5:59 AM
  • 14 Replies
  • 581 Total Views

My house is small and I use all my space...so when it's time for the tree, I don;t want to move a whole room of furniture around for it! I have a 8 foot slim tree and LOVE it, BUT my kids hate it becaue they want the big tree back.

What do you have? Do you make do with your space, have plenty of space, or move that room of furniture around to fit it in?christmas tree

Myspace Comments

by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 5:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tnlizard
by Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 10:16 AM

I actually had a huge tree in our other house, and sold it at yard sale a couple of years ago....it was a pain in the butt to put up.   The only thing I had to move was one end table and a chair.  I always felt like I was smothering while it was up, but it was beautiful.

I since have bought a pre lite  slim tree , and love it. 

We live in a different house this year, and I plan on putting up at least three or  four trees.  One in the foyer, one maybe in the den, one on the enclosed back porch, and one in the foyer upstairs....None of them will be huge trees either.  But I do like a full tree, but I plan on still using slim trees.

JasonsMom2007
by Bronze Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 12:35 AM
We live in a small house but we make room for our 9' tree :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bertie4
by Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Dont have lots of space. I have a small tree, well probably 5 ft 6 in. I don't know for sure the height.

Daniele23
by New Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 5:09 PM

We have a 9 ft tree and luckily a space where it fits nicely in front of a windowso and we don't have to move any furniture

psych_mom
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 5:20 PM

We have a new 7.5 ft tree that is about 4.5-5 ft in diameter at the bottom. We have to take out a chair to put it in the living room but I don't mind. It is a beautiful tree with almost 1800 tips and 700 or 800 lights on it, I can't remember.

deadlights86
by New Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 5:23 PM
We have a 5 foot slim tree I love it the big tree felt so empty cause we dont have that many ornaments.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RigPrincess85
by New Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 5:29 PM
1 mom liked this
We live in an apartment and we have a 4 ft tree... SD loves it cause she can decorate the whole thing lol. Works for us, I can't wait till we get a house and get a big tree though!

My mil has a small family room and she actually hangs up the tree upside down from the ceiling. Leaves TONS of room and looks really cool!
auntietotty
by Bronze Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 10:05 PM

We have a 9  foot slim-line tree.

I usually move the furniture around for it...mostly because I dont like it in the same spot each year.

the3Rs
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 5:27 PM
I don't actually know how big it is - but it's big. We rearrange the furniture to make it fit in the living room. We have a slightly smaller tree for our family room as well...no need to move furniture for that one.
momkids30
by Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:50 PM

A big 9ft tree dont really move anything around to make it fit

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)