Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Small loft bedroom

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:00 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 239 Total Views

My almost 3 year old is getting uncomfortable in her toddler bed.  Her room is actually the loft so it's a bit oddly shaped...

that's my bedroom through the door.  To the left is the opening to the living room (with a baby gate to block the opening)

yes it's a disaster right now

stairs are straight ahead to the left, closet to the right, drop off to the living room on the right

So we are thinking about doing something like this...

basically putting her bed on that window seat (with a guard in the window just in case).  It will only stick out 2' that way.  When she gets bigger we want to make her a loft up above her closet and such.  The ceilings are really high up there and it will be a nice reading area.  But she's not big enough to climb up and down from there yet.

We want to put these under her bed...

STUVA Storage bench IKEA Doors, drawers and boxes are both protective and decorative. Choose the ones you like the best.

there will be 2 taking up the entire length under the bed.  They pull out easily for storage.

Anybody have any better ideas?

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
QuiltLover
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:27 PM

Iwas going to suggest a built-in but you pictured an awesome built-in...gorgeous....anyone would love that....

TheJerseyGirl
by Group Owner on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:55 PM
Omgosh is that gorgeous! I love all of your ideas and think it'll turn out great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.PilesOfLaundry
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:34 AM

sounds like a great idea

lady-t3984
by Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Sound great! Did you start dd bedroom?

JasonsMom2007
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Sadly no it hasn't made it anywhere yet :(

Quoting lady-t3984:

Sound great! Did you start dd bedroom?

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)