Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Functional, yet boring, bedroom

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:29 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 349 Total Views

I am adding a picture of half of our master bedroom.....It needs help!! We can't change the carpet, because we live in military housing, but I want to decorate, without having to get rid of my hideous yellow bedspread (b/c it is SOO comfy) but also taking into consideration the fact that our home office is in there...I need more than just a bed!!! Help ladies?!! ideas?!?!

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
QuiltLover
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:40 PM
2 moms liked this

I would spend the money and get a computer armoire so I could close it all up when not in use...you could find one used, etc if money is tight. If you are fond of the yellow spread, but love the way it functions, get a duvet cover and slip the spread on the inside, if that is too pricey, then get out your sewing machine and make one..it is just like a huge pillow case..very simple to do..pick out the color and fabric that you would love and go for it. There are alot of home decor items you can get instead of painting, such as the words and letters that are peel and stick for wall decor...I bought some tinkerbell for my granddaughters sleeping room.I got mine at the dollar tree, each set was a dollar....cant go wrong there....Use pillow and a bedskirt to add color and texture to your room. it can all be done very inexpensively , just some thought and a bit of searching....Your computer armoire would make a huge difference in the feel of the room....hope all of this made some sense,.....keep us posted with what you do, and take some pictures when youre done......good luck to you.

DieselsMom
by New Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:44 PM

I've been looking for bedding....but being overseas finding a set that I like, that ships here, hasn't been easy!!! But the wall decals are a good idea...unfortunately, between my husband and I, we are just about always at our desk...and at night, we use the computer to watch TV (b/c we are overseas and don't have normal tv stations unless it is online) Do you have any websites that are good for bedding?? I love how fluffy the down comforter is, but I'd LOVE to do green or blue in our bedroom....

QuiltLover
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Have you checked out Pottery Barn , Brylane Homes, Target , Overstock.com,even Walmart or Penneys, Sears? Not sure how the shipping would be though.

TheJerseyGirl
by Group Owner on Mar. 12, 2013 at 6:35 AM

The shipping may not be bad for Amazon or Overstock...I like the wall decal idea and dont forget 3M hooks to hang pictures! You need something over your bed, either a headboard or artwork, framed pictures. A computer armoire would also be great for storage...you could leave the door open to watch movies on your computer, also some sort of night table and lamp.

My best advice is to google images of bedrooms on a budget...you'll find so many ideas and things that catch your eye. Have fun with it!

Myspace Comments

TheJerseyGirl
by Group Owner on Mar. 12, 2013 at 6:39 AM

Not just blank canvases like this picture, but something!

lady-t3984
by Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 7:26 PM

I always say,when money is short,go shopping in your home. Take a lamp,picture from another room. You can take a sheet,or even a table cloth,to put on top of your comfort,just fold in an angle. Add,greenery too. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)