Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Color

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 9:58 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 234 Total Views

What color do you use the most of in your home? 

I love wheat/golden tone colors for the walls with brick red/barn red, deeper gold tones, olive green and a touch of russet for accent colors with brick/barn red being used the most.

by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
blondepegasus
by Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 10:49 PM

I love metallics. I use bronzes, silvers, and golds in my accents such as a drum table, vases on my coffee table, and metallic shimmer in my drapes. I love neutrals and have lots of grays, blacks, beiges on my large pieces of furniture. My accent colors tend to be crimsons, plums, and burnt oranges depending on what room we are talking about. My bedroom is plum/gray/black. My family room is gray/black/silver/crimson/burnt orange. My living room is black/gold/crimson/beige/bronze. The common color throughout my house is black, sprinkled with lots of accent colors. 

decor42
by Head Admin on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:04 AM

I also lean more towards pieces that have a slight metallic sheen.  I have several larger pieces of artwork and a mirror that have a combination bronzey copper base with a slight gold tone over it.   LR curtains are gold with a silky/satin feel and a slight shimmer to them. I also use plum/eggplant but in smaller doses.  This was my predominant color just a couple of years ago with a touch a brick/barn red.  Now I have reversed.  HMMM must be that I love these colors together.  I would say that my common metallic finishwould be bronze. Not a fan of silver but I do have a silver cup holder that is very convenient to use.  I may try to paint it, not sure as we use cups from it several times a day.  I do not  khow it would stand up to that much use.

SamMom912
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Cream, soft Nantucket mist grey, deep blue, meduim blue, silvery blue, gold, beige, deep brown. 

decor42
by Head Admin on Nov. 10, 2013 at 2:54 PM

Nice calming combo.  I like grey but do not use it in my home all though I consider it a neutral and works well with any color.

Quoting SamMom912:

Cream, soft Nantucket mist grey, deep blue, meduim blue, silvery blue, gold, beige, deep brown. 

gccabinetry
by New Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 6:16 AM

white, grey, brown, pale yello and red.

Peregrine
by Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 4:20 PM
The majority of my home is grey, however the center main wall in the kitchen and living room is pear green.
My tiny two bedroom one bath house was built in 1959. The colors go with a retro edge.
rttwilson
by Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 3:21 PM

We have brown and rust-like with some blue in the great room areas. In the master bedroom we have brownish walls and green comforter. The guest bedroom is red/white/blue. My 10y/o DS has a Michigan State bedroom (green/white). We have mostly country decor through out the house.

cacountryangel
by Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 5:29 PM

any pink color i can get away with...mostly blue and tan colors. 

VALWHITT
by Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 11:16 PM

Antique gold, sage,red, blue and green together. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN