Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to cover ugly cords

Posted by on Oct. 16, 2008 at 10:37 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 395 Total Views

We just moved into a house and had to put the tv stand 1/2 way between the cable outlet and the electric plug. (they are on opposite ends of the wall. What can we do to hide the cords somewhat. They are so ugly.

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
by on Oct. 16, 2008 at 10:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
dee3601
by Member on Oct. 16, 2008 at 10:56 PM

You can try to hide them with another piece of furniture, plant, etc. Or you can get cord covers at Hobby Lobby in the lamp dept.  They are just a tube of fabric that gathers up on the cord.  It just looks a little better than the bare cord.  They come in different colors so you might be lucky and get one that matches your wall color.

WebCat
by on Oct. 17, 2008 at 6:02 AM

If you own the house and are a bit handy you can move the cable outlet. Moving the electrical outlet would require an electrician but can be done if you're serious about keeping the T.V. there. Otherwise the cord covers work real well. They also have some in plastic of different colors (or you can paint the plastic ones whatever color you want).

A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song.

Cafe Sheri
by Member on Oct. 17, 2008 at 4:38 PM

Oh, I hate that!

Not sure if this would work in your case, but I recently saw someone put framed pictures along the floorline to cover cords. It looked good. Otherwise, if your cords are long enough, maybe you could just staple them neatly along the base boards and no one will probably even notice.

~ Cafe Sheri ~

Abomnablesnogrl
by on Oct. 17, 2008 at 4:45 PM

you can buy the vinyl cord hider things at lowe's

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productList&No=24&Ne=4294967294&Ntt=cord&Ntk=i_products&N=4294961544

my parents bought this thin tube-thing (and my mom's not answering the phone so i can ask what it's called) to hide the cords for the speakers they ran from the stereo in the "office" to the main living area.  you can't even notice it after a while.  you paint it the same color as the wall.  you just run the cords through it, it even has "elbows" so it can turn corners, and it just screws to the wall with these little U-shaped holders.  i think they got it at Lowe's or Home Depot.

brancoj
by Member on Oct. 18, 2008 at 10:36 AM

In my last house, we had carpet and between the carpet and base board there was a small gap that i could tuck a cord into. I did it with all the cords and it looked good. If you have tile or hard woods I have no suggestions :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)