Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Picture Frames

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:48 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 284 Total Views

I am making a family wall of photos.  I am trying to find inexpensive frames that I could possibly paint black.  If you know of a place please let me know. I am looking for 4x6 abd 5x7 frames.

Mom to BJ, Arreyona,
A'Maya and wife to William; Forever!!!

Check out my website: www.salonarmaya.com

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Brennensmommy
by Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:50 AM

Family Dollar, Walgreens, general dollar, dollar tree, any dollar store should have them. I get mine there and they are a light wood color that does very well with paint. Good luck

cows256angels
by Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:00 PM

Walmart sells frames for $1.00 to $3.00. Some are oak wood and some are in black. They come in different sizes. I hope this helps.

wickedfiress
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:13 PM

Also try looking on your local Craigslist. I browse the 'free' listings for things I can use for crafting, and in my area there is always someone giving away or selling for cheap a box of picture frames. ---or even try your local freecycle.

~It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.~
mommybgood
by Bronze Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:15 PM

I'm not a big fan of alot of really small frames on the wall, so I was REALLY excited when I stumbled onto some mats at DOLLARTREE the other day....they are 11 x 14 matted down to 4x6..this allows for a much bigger presence on the wall without have to enlarge the pictures....I bought 6 for our basement redo.  And then I found some 11 x14 wide black frames at Michaels on sale for $7.99 each last week....

Shelly

jennmom1
by Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:03 PM

I bought some unfinished wooden frames at Michaels about a week ago. They were $1 and I used my black craft paint to paint them.

The four frames in the middle were from Michaels that I painted and then the 2 on the outside I already had, but, one was black and one was a cherry wood color.

RobinMarie
by Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:04 PM

WalMart has really good prices on frames. Also you can try Goodwill stores.

Robin
momof31997
by Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:54 PM

I had a chance to get some of those larger frames on sale at Micheal's as well.  I am trying to use smaller frames for my family.

Quoting mommybgood:

I'm not a big fan of alot of really small frames on the wall, so I was REALLY excited when I stumbled onto some mats at DOLLARTREE the other day....they are 11 x 14 matted down to 4x6..this allows for a much bigger presence on the wall without have to enlarge the pictures....I bought 6 for our basement redo.  And then I found some 11 x14 wide black frames at Michaels on sale for $7.99 each last week....

Shelly

Mom to BJ, Arreyona,

momof31997
by Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:54 PM

That is exaclty what I am doing.  It looks really nice.

Quoting jennmom1:

I bought some unfinished wooden frames at Michaels about a week ago. They were $1 and I used my black craft paint to paint them.

The four frames in the middle were from Michaels that I painted and then the 2 on the outside I already had, but, one was black and one was a cherry wood color.

Mom to BJ, Arreyona,

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)